Problem with my 2008 Rouge

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
hpy11
Car: Rouge AWD

I purchased my Rouge AWD last April. I was happy with the car at the beginning until the winter. Chicago had a harsh winter last December. Last Christmas eve, my family were ready to leave for the airport and I couldn't start my Rouge. I was trying for about half an hour and it just did not start. As a side note, I drove my Rouge 24 hours ago and it was parked in an unheated garage. It's not that the battery was dead because I have not driven for a long time. We ended up taking my brother's Toyota to the airport. However, after we were back from our vacation 5 days later, the car started again. I took my car to the dealer and they couldn't find any problem. They just told me to have the car towed to them when it happened again.

Then, the car was fine for the next few month until last weekend. We were on about 45 MPH. And the car in front us suddenly stopped and decided to turn. We had to have a sharp stop. After that, when we accelerate our car, our transmission was loud and the car felt like jumping. I had to turn on the emergency light and turn into a parking lot. After stop the car, and re-start the car again, it went back to normal. Is there any one of you know what happened to my car?

Thanks,

Leo2005

I had a problem with starting the Rogue couple times during this winter too as well as some other members at this forum. It is not like I couldn't start the car but it just didn't want to start right away or shut off couple times. Anyway I could start the car in less than a minute. I didn't even bother myself going to the dealership because this is not a constant problem so I'm sure they won't find anything. I think it's a water got into a gas line with cheap gas like mixed with at least 10% ethanol but I'm not sure. About accelerating problem I don't know what to say. I had to stop once quick and my tires were whistling but didn't experience any problems after that.

Leo2005

I was just thinking....did you by any chance accidentally shift you knob to the low gear (L) after a hard stop? Maybe that was caused your loud and weird acceleration???

hpy11
Car: Rouge AWD

Leo2005 wrote:I was just thinking....did you by any chance accidentally shift you knob to the low gear (L) after a hard stop? Maybe that was caused your loud and weird acceleration???
I don't think so as I checked my gear right away to make sure the gear is in the right place.

Leo2005

O/D off button? Just curious.

Return to “Rogue Forum”