Problem with EX35 windows opening themselves

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jbriggs

At least four times I have come out and found both front windows on my EX35 opened about 3 or 4 inches. This happened once when I had parked outside and it had been raining all night. FUN! I know I didn't leave the windows open on any of these occasions. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

lkp730
Car: EX35 RWD

make sure that you are not pressing and holding onto the open button by mistake on the key fob. this is a common mistake for many. i have heard many instances where this is the case. going on two months with my ex and never had that problem

jbriggs

Thanks for the reply. I never read that holding the key unlock button would open the windows. My guess is that the key might have been pressed while in my pocket but it's interesting that the windows were always open about the same 3 inches. I now make a point of taking the key out of my pocket. Now the question is what is the purpose of that function and how do I turn it off?

GoVols
Car: EX 35 Journey

I have used this function on my wife's Infiniti to get some of the heat out of the car before I get in during the summer. I'm not sure you can turn it off.

nkawall
Car: 93'Infiniti J30 & 09 Altima Coupe 2.5

could it be that the 3 inches is common ...like a security safety feature to prevent theft?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”