Problem with Alignment!

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
alik
Car: 2007 G35 Sport

I have an 07 G35 Sport.My car is only 3 months old with 3500 miles on it. Ever since day one, my alignment was off. Note this: The car doesn’t pull left of right, it drives perfectly, but when the steering wheel is centered, the car pulls to the right. I’ve been to the dealership 4 times. They checked everything (oh so they say), no damage to tires or wheels, no frame damage nothing. It’s a brand new car. Every time they do my alignment, it gets worse and worse. Finally the answer that I got from them is that this is how it supposed to be.

Anybody had a problem with the steering wheel not being centered? If so how did you fix it?

Thank you

abdoman
Car: 2006 G35

I had the same issue with another car. Take the car to a tire shop as even brand new tires can have problems. Have them check the tires. You could have a tread separating or collapsing.

alik
Car: 2007 G35 Sport

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmthanks ill check thatbut in any case, if its the problem with the tires, the dealer shold cover it.

abdoman
Car: 2006 G35

Yes, unless the tire was damaged. If you hit a pothole or something in the road, you could be paying for a new tire or two.

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Sounds like to me they didn't center the steering wheel during the alignment. The car is probably driving straight and the steering wheel is cocked to the left a few degrees. When you try to drive with the steering wheel straight, obviously the car is going to pull right.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”