Problem with 4wd or low power on Nissan Pathfinder 2006

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
ronaldgranados
Car: 2006 Nissan Pathfinder

Hi All,

I have a Nissan Pathfinder 2006. I took it to the dealer shop because we got a recent problem in which it loses power (and turns on the 4wd indicator) when it is in automatics gear, if I moved it to manual mode it works great. The shop tell us that the problem is happening because the injection pump is faulty.

I asked them why it happens only in automatic and they are telling me that Automatic mode is more demanding for the engine than the manual mode.  They guy didn't sound very confident so I want to get more info or recommendations on this. Has this ever happened to you?  

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Your All-Mode 4WD System is complicated. What is being referred to as "the injection pump" is confusing to me since I find no such thing called this in the transfer or transmission systems. There is a sub oil pump and a transfer motor but nothing called "injection pump". Perhaps the dealer shop is using this term to refer to something else which has a proper Nissan description in the factory service manual. https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 6%2Ftf.pdf
I can only assume you are referring to 4H AUTO mode when you say "it is in automatics gear" and that you are referring to 4H LOCK mode or 2WD mode when you "moved it to manual mode". However, my assumptions and the clarity of your description doesn't help. I wish I could.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”