Problem: Hesitation at high speed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
trusty_getto
Car: Nissan Rogue

I'm coming up on 35K miles. When at high speeds, sometimes with cruise control, sometime not, the engine hesitates. It feels kind of like a hiccup -- a very fast loss of power that recovers within a second. Sometimes I'll get two or three in a row within a minute, sometimes it will go an hour or more without happening. It does not have the feel of a transmission issue.

I've gotten regular oil changes and maintenance, and I just tried some fuel injector cleaner, to no avail.

Any ideas as to what the cause of this is? Anyone else have this problem?

squeak

I had this problem on an old car.....check your fuel filter.

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

squeak wrote:I had this problem on an old car.....check your fuel filter.
Maybe I am wrong, but, I don't think the Rogue (and many newer cars) have fuel filters anymore.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

trusty_getto,

Take it to the dealer and have them check it out, I can't think of what the problem could be, but if it's computer related you'll want to get it fixed while still on warranty.

Please report back on what the diagnosis is, so we can refer to this in the future if we have the same problem.

squeak

daytrippr wrote:
Maybe I am wrong, but, I don't think the Rogue (and many newer cars) have fuel filters anymore.

LOL you could be right. My last car was a 20 year old "classic". :D

Roguemeister

Seems there is a fuel filter within the fuel sensor unit.

trusty_getto

I'll have it checked out and report back if I learn more.

trusty_getto

So, I had it in, and it turns out that one of the nitwit quick oil change shops that changed my oil some time ago didn't change the air filter properly, apparently disposing of the frame that holds it in place. So, the filter has been flopping around, and dirt has been shooting past the filter into the air intake.

They cleaned the sensor and replaced the filter frame, and now it runs like new.

Return to “Rogue Forum”