Problem getting Service Records

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
randomshots
Car: Infiniti J30

Need some advise on how to get the Service Records.

I am coming up on 90K miles and would like to know what has been done to the car already before I go all out.

I went into Cerritos Infiniti (So. Cal, Orange County) yesterday to get a copy of the service records as well as schedule a Safety Check appointment. Anyways after telling the girl at the Service Desk that I needed the Service Records she had no idea what I was talking about. After describing what I needed to her she told me to she would ask the service manager but he was busy, and had someone else assist me. He went into the back and came back and said that he was not able to pull them because they had been archived and did not have access.

It felt like his answer was half-assed and when asked how could I get him he told me to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and see if they could help and walked away. Needless to say I left feeling disapponted, I guess I had set the bar too high after hearing about the great experience of Infiniti owners who visit dealerships. I didn't even schedule the appointment and left.

Anyways I called Infiniti Consumer Affairs, was not able to talk to anyone left my number and a message but still have not recieved a phone call yet.

Through searching here I found that California dealerships are a little uptight to releasing records if you are not the orignal owner.

Can anyone know where I can get the Service Records or is my only option Infiniti Consumer Affairs.

Also for those in the area I would appreciate recommendations Infiniti Dealerships to get the Safety Check done and rates for those already done.

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

Do you know where the car was originally serviced? It will help if you directly call the dealership which the work was performed at.

They should be able to pull them no problem .

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

DominickJ30 wrote:Do you know where the car was originally serviced? It will help if you directly call the dealership which the work was performed at.

They should be able to pull them no problem .
Indeed..... ONce they have been archived, they wont be able to be pulled by any dealer, only the dealer in which it was done...

Ive had mixed results using infiniti consumer affairs..... My personal opinion would be to try and call Joe and see what he can do... It only takes a second..

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”