Problem: Acceleration Delay

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
InfinitiKat
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q60 coupe - Exterior color: Venetian Ruby

Problem: Acceleration Delay

The problem is intermittent. Every once in a while, when we press the accelerator, our 2014 Infiniti Q60 does not accelerate. There is a pause, a hesitation. Then as we continue to press down on the accelerator, there is a rapid acceleration.

Sometimes this delay, pause, or hesitation occurs when attempting to accelerate after stopping at a red traffic signal light. The traffic signal light turns green, we press down on the accelerator, and the Infiniti does not accelerate for about a second. Then the car will suddenly rapidly accelerate.

At other times this acceleration delay occurs when we want to accelerate after slowing in traffic. For example, when approaching a traffic stop light where the traffic has slowed. We slow down to about 5 - 10 mph as we approach and intersection. The traffic then speeds up after the light turns green. We want to accelerate to move along with the accelerating traffic. As we press down on the accelerator, there is a delay, a pause, or hesitation to accelerate. Then the our Infiniti will accelerate rapidly, faster than we'd like to go.

We took our Infiniti to our local Nissan dealer. They could not duplicate the problem when they took it for a test drive. They found nothing wrong. They charged us $67 for investigating this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Do you have any ideas that could help us? We're considering taking our Infiniti to an Infiniti dealer in another city about 90 miles from here to see if they can correct the problem.

nr2134

It happens to me. Reminds of the days when i over tightened my BOV on the 240 and I was getting compressor surge. The Q50 does not recirculate so I can see why under certain conditions it would get compressor surge. Its very random, but mostly it happens when im part throttle and then take my foot off and then try to floor it.

InfinitiKat

nr2134 wrote:It happens to me. Reminds of the days when i over tightened my BOV on the 240 and I was getting compressor surge. The Q50 does not recirculate so I can see why under certain conditions it would get compressor surge. Its very random, but mostly it happens when im part throttle and then take my foot off and then try to floor it.

nr2134, Thanks for your reply. As you say, the acceleration delay is very random. I'm thinking of driving to another city 90 miles away that has an Infiniti dealership. I took it to our local Nissan dealership but they did not experience the acceleration delay when they test drove it. They offered no solution to the problem. Our Infiniti is still under warranty but our local Nissan dealer does not do Infiniti warranty work.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Nothing new, it's a problem that has plagued Nissan/Infiniti products for a long time. In some cases you can simply confuse the system and it will sit there thinking about the instructions. I've actually show the problem to my local Infiniti techs who spoke to corporate and came back with "no resolution" to the issue. I had hoped the newer sport tunes would have taken care of it but it hasn't. This delay is one of the worst performance aspects of owning an Infiniti.

nr2134

I have setup to drive in personal mode and disabled Active Trace Control and that has helped with the sudden stop/turn/accelerate issues. Give the below a read and setup personal mode instead of driving in Sport+.

http://www.infinitiq50.org/forum/engine ... ntrol.html

spirod
Car: 2011 M56S

I had a Q50S 3.0T (300HP) as a loaner for the day yesterday while my M56S was being serviced. I experienced the same annoying accelerator delay that InfinitiKat described. At a stop my car, the M, will start to roll as soon as the brake pedal is released and without giving it gas. In comparison, the Q felt like the brakes were still being applied and even when I pressed on the accelerator, the car would barely move until more pressure was applied on the pedal. I had the car set in Sport +.
I also noted that the 7A is not very responsive, same as in my car. For this reason I drive in manual mode except when I am cruising on the highway.

InfinitiKat

Thanks for everyone's replies. I've resolved the acceleration problem. Instead of putting the transmission lever to "D" for Drive in automatic transmission, I now drive in "DS" or Drive Sport - manual shift mode. I shift using the 7 manual speeds.

FlameOn
Car: Infiniti Q50

IE. I'm getting smoked light to light.

MARINE11
Car: 2014 Q60 RWD

Hello
Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m a new member And I own a 2014 Q60 and I am experiencing the same pause acceleration....can anyone HELP.

gipsonke
Car: 2017 Infiniti Q60 Premium AWD

I've owned my 2017 3.0t Q60 Premium AWD for about a month and a half...and the acceleration delay was driving me nuts.

I've always had an accelerator pedal "tuner" on most of my cars. For my Q, one of the first items I ordered was the Burger Tuning BMS
Pedal tuner. Hooked it up (on this one you have to remove the pedal to access the proper connector) in about ten minutes.
Went through the calibration.
https://youtu.be/2bdfTiX6ctI

Totally eliminated the acceleration delay.

This is wildly configurable, even between "stages 1-3" response modes.

I'd definitely recommend it - get's rid of the "lazy pedal" delay for good!

http://www.burgertuning.com/BMS_PEDAL_TUNER $179.00

DaRealFonz
Car: 2017 Q60 Premium V6 twin turbo

I know this might be a little late, but for anyone else who is running the car in automatic and not the stick shift, Like infinitiKat said he solved the problem by using the manual setting. I usually get this problem on my 2017 q60 the issue that I have noticed is that when the car is cruzing lets say around 60 mph, the car is going to be in around 6th or even 7th gear, this is because the top gears will save more gas by keeping the rpms low, if you punch the peddal to speed up the car has to shift to a lower gear, if the lower gear is also at low rps then you get lagg since it needs to shift to an even lower gear, usually causing the car to speed up very forceful. What I do is bump the shifter to manual right before I press the gas peddle down. By shifting to manual it usually drops one gear down, I check the rpms, if they are still under 3000 I downshift to the next lower gear, if the rpms are above 3000 I just press the pedal.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”