Price - How low will they go

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
gmgregg

Hello

I am in the market for the new convertible. Any thoughts, tip on how to get the best overall price. What expectation should I have relative to getting one of these,

thx

Gary

xtrema

gmgregg wrote:Hello

I am in the market for the new convertible. Any thoughts, tip on how to get the best overall price. What expectation should I have relative to getting one of these,

thx

Gary
It would be tough to get good prices for something that's short in supply and new.

My best best is wait for Feb and see if dealer got any left on the lot. Convertible doesn't sell that well in Winter and Feb has the least selling days. So dealer may be easier to deal.

As it stand, my local dealer is getting only 2 a month and it going for a premium.

gmgregg

thx, agree.... planning on getting serious around Jan, Feb.. Just thought I would start getting some amunition now before I start negotiating.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

thx

Gary
There are MANY dealers that will not deal below MSRP on this car. However, there are many dealers that are smart and are willing to earn business. There are currently no brand sponsored promotions at this time either.

Like all good negotiations, I suggest you start with a good relationship and work forward from there. If you are not buying until the top of the year, dont start talking numbers now but go visit your local dealer or 2 and make friends with the Sales Manager!

Potomac-Greg
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible

thx

Gary
Wait. Let the supply catch up to demand. Even if you're not interested, make sure you have some competitor numbers (IS250, BMW 3 series, Saab) to use as a lever. If you go into the dealer expecting to drive home in the new car, you'll pay more than you have to. (Of course, some folks hate the bargaining process and just want a car!)

Armstrs
Car: 2009 Infiniti g37 convertible

So, I went to the dealer knowing I was driving one home if the colors and options were right. HUGE MISTAKE I know...and I paid for it. Full MSRP. $51,335. But you know what? I don't even care. I have the only one in our area so far and that is worth a little extra to me. This thing is so much fun. I need to watch it though...1500 miles already! Wish I was driving or washing it right now. Jeez, I think I may just have a problem...

Poyzinous
Car: 2004 G35x Premium 1976 Classic Red 36 inch #18 Radio Flyer Wagon...

Remember, a car is worth what you're willing to pay for it. If I had 50k, I'd be willing to drop it on a Gconv... If I had 90k, I'd be willing to pay for a GT-R. Thats just how it is, like with those same 90k, I would NOT be willing to pay for a Viper, cuz its not my thing.

1cardude

Yeah the bummer is that none of the Summer Event incentives apply to the Convertible. So there are no rebates, no ZERO% APR...non of that! Bummer huh! But thats the way it is with new cars! Too bad cash for clunkers doesn't include Infiniti cars

mjlenox
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Premier Edition

Yeah, they're not budging on price. Of course, I got the Premier Edition, but they still wouldn't deal even though I paid cash. I did, however, get them to drop $3,000 on a nice used BMW they had on the lot for a friend of mine, based on the fact I was dropping $58 grand (including taxes) for the G37 Convertible.

I do agree though... worth every dollar to me! I LOVE this car and will be sooo bummed when it starts snowing and I garage it until Spring.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”