Previous destination on nav system Infiniti EX 35

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
kamiguy
Car: 2008 EX Scarlet silver wheat interior.. all options

Does anyone know how to, or if it's possible, remove the "previous destination" info on the nav system? I know that you can "cancel route" but the info still remains on the screen. This car was driven by the dealership's owner and I just want to remove all history. Thanks

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

kamiguy wrote:Does anyone know how to, or if it's possible, remove the "previous destination" info on the nav system? I know that you can "cancel route" but the info still remains on the screen. This car was driven by the dealership's owner and I just want to remove all history. Thanks
Try doing the following:

Make sure the car is on and the audio system is turned off... Hold down the "Settings Button" while spinning the Volume knob about 40 or more clicks in one direction (doesn't matter which way). You don't need to be precise because once you pass 40, it will automatically go into the diag system. I'll just hold Settings and keep turning the volume knob as fast as I can, no need to count.

Once you are in the diagnostic mode, I believe there is a way to clear the Nav history, I am not certain, but check it out and let us know what you come up with.

kamiguy

WOW.. another hidden feature. Thanks, I tried it but there was nothing of relevance to my issue. The NAV item just did antenna checks and stuff. Might make a call to the dealer and see if they know anything.

rayc325
Car: Platinum Graphite EX35

Platinum Graphite FX35

I seem to remember, while scrolling thru the different nav menu items, one that said Delete Routes, or something to that efffect. You may have to delete them one at a time, but it is possible..

kamiguy

YES... it worked. Once you get into address book there was an item to delete previous destinations. I guess if I looked closer at pages 6-24 and 6-25...(insert Homer Simpson's D'OOOOOOOOOHH here)Thanks rayc325

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”