Presidential trivia...how well do you know the American Presidents?

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

We are about to elect the next POTUS. Number 44 in a line that goes back to 1789. How much do you know about the 43 preceeding presidents?

1. George Washington commanded troops in the Revolutionary war. Who was the other president to actively command troops (in the field) during a war?

2. The Lincoln memorial is in Washington. So is the Washington monument. Neither are the grave of a president. Name the president buried in Washington D.C.

3. Who was the only U.S. president to resign?

4. What ship did John Kennedy command in WWII?

5. What president, while serving as Secretary of the Treasury, was nerely undone by a sex scandall?

6. Who was the only American president to be unanimously elected?

7. Who was the first American president to experience and survive an assassination attempt?

8. Who was the first U.S. president to be born in the United States,(not in a colony)? 9. What president donated his salary to charity?

10. What president established the nations first national park on March 1, 1872. What park was it?

11. Who was the only president to be elected two nonconsecutive terms?

12. First president to ride in an automobile was?

13. Who was the first American to win the Nobel Peace Prize?

14. What president donated his salary to charity?

15. What president played football at West Point and was injured trying to tackle NFL star Jim Thorpe?

16. Who was the tallest president. How tall?

17. What president once worked as a fashion model?

18. What president was (is) a distantly related to Presidents Pierce, Lincoln, Theodore Roosevelt, Ford, and Winston Churchill? Note, 2 possible answers here!

19. Who was the first president to have a presidental library in his honor?

20. What president was a speed reader, reportedly recorded reading 2,000 words per minute? He is also the first president born in a hospital.

Answers to follow...

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

No history buffs here huh?

Answers…

1. James Madison during the War of 1812. Although Abraham Lincoln is credited with some field commanding during the Civil War, it was apparently limited to a few choice words to a few troops.

2. Woodrow Wilson

3. Nixon

4. PT 109

5. Alaxender Hamilton.

6. George Washington

7. Andrew Jackson

8. Van Buren

9. Hebert Hoover.

10. Ulysses S. Grant , Yellowstone

11. Grover Cleveland (22nd, and 24th.president)

12. William McKinley

13. Theodore Roosevelt

14. Hebert Hoover.

15. Eisenhower

16. Abraham Lincoln, 6’4”

17. Gerald Ford.

18. George Bush I and II.

19. FDR

20. Jimmy Carter

pflicht
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx - SOLD
2000 Lincoln LS - DEAD
1997 Nissan Maxima - DD
1991 Nissan 240sx - Project

I prob. could have answered 25-30% correctly. The others I would have had no clue. I like history, but not THAT much. I could have googled as well, but I did want to cheat. Oh well. Good quiz. Really makes you think.

Return to “Politics Etc.”