Preset Memory Seats

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
brvoltz

I can not figure out how to get these presets to work with out getting in the car, and turn the key to the on position. When I need to move my wife's car, I just grab her keys, I do not want to have to grab the other set of keys, as they are stored in a safe. I know with my Chevy product, all I need to do is open the door and the presets work, How do you get them to work like this on the Murano?

Thank in advance..

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

brvoltz wrote:I can not figure out how to get these presets to work with out getting in the car, and turn the key to the on position. When I need to move my wife's car, I just grab her keys, I do not want to have to grab the other set of keys, as they are stored in a safe. I know with my Chevy product, all I need to do is open the door and the presets work, How do you get them to work like this on the Murano?

Thank in advance..
First off, welcome to NICOclub!

I may not completely understand your exact question. All you do is press the "1" or the "2" once you are in the vehicle.

brvoltz

Timmbo wrote:
First off, welcome to NICOclub!

I may not completely understand your exact question. All you do is press the "1" or the "2" once you are in the vehicle.
Many thanks...

I do not want to be in the vehicle, when pressing the button. My wife's setting are at a point that is it very hard to get into the car, she is very small. With my other (non Nissan) vehicles, I can just open the door, and press the button, which moves the seat to the locations so I can get into the vehicle. All I have to do is unlock the door and open it, press the button, wait for the adjustment, then enter the car. That is what I'm looking for it to do.

Does that help?

Jaun
Car: 2009 Murano LE, Nav, Leather, SR

Why not just move the seat back with the forward back multi switch and get in? Next time you wife gets in she can use the presets to move back to her settings... Or did I miss a nuance of the question? I have the same issue with my wife's Altima she likes the seat moved up very close to the wheel.

brvoltz

Jaun wrote:Why not just move the seat back with the forward back multi switch and get in? Next time you wife gets in she can use the presets to move back to her settings... Or did I miss a nuance of the question? I have the same issue with my wife's Altima she likes the seat moved up very close to the wheel.
If we shared the car more often then I can see your point, but we share it maybe 3% of the time, so that is a lot of use on the motor for no need.

Most other mfg have this feature, of being able to press it before you turn the key to the on position. I'm looking to find out how to turn this feature on in the Nissan. I can not believe that it is not available. But if it is not available, this will be the last Nissan I own. That is how important this is for me to have. For me this is bit like purchasing a car with only a volume knob for the radio and then tell it is by design. When everyone else has one knob for volume and one for tuning.

nafddur
Car: Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano

Check your owner's manual. I'm pretty sure there are ways to program your remote to move the seat and/or another way you can program the seat to retract all the way when the car is stopped and the door is opened.

I know I had the seat on my 04 SE programmed to retract every time the door was opened. But I deactivated (deprogrammed) this feature because it seemed like it would induce unnecessary wear on the motorized seat mechanism. With seat gears wearing out as some have reported, I would advise against using the automatic retracting function - except in rare cases as apparently needed by the OP here.

brvoltz

nafddur wrote:Check your owner's manual. I'm pretty sure there are ways to program your remote to move the seat and/or another way you can program the seat to retract all the way when the car is stopped and the door is opened.

I know I had the seat on my 04 SE programmed to retract every time the door was opened. But I deactivated (deprogrammed) this feature because it seemed like it would induce unnecessary wear on the motorized seat mechanism. With seat gears wearing out as some have reported, I would advise against using the automatic retracting function - except in rare cases as apparently needed by the OP here.
All I'm trying to do is to have it so when I open the door I can press the button and it goes to that location. No remote, no auto retract... Only want the ability to press the button when the door is open.

Wiccat
Car: 2005 Nissan Murano SE

Well, to be blunt...you can't.

brvoltz

Wiccat wrote:Well, to be blunt...you can't.
I really figured the is a way, but I was not finding, this is explains why... Because they did not design it this way. It is a shame, a nice car like this and someone does not see the issue so they designed it differently.

nafddur
Car: Nissan Maxima, Nissan Murano

brvoltz wrote:
I really figured the is a way, but I was not finding, this is explains why... Because they did not design it this way. It is a shame, a nice car like this and someone does not see the issue so they designed it differently.
Just use the auto seat retract when you open the door feature. What you apparently want to do (picking when to retract or not to retract by pressing a button or not pressing a button) sure seems VERY strange to me! Good luck with those chevies when you go back to them.

brvoltz

nafddur wrote:
Just use the auto seat retract when you open the door feature. What you apparently want to do (picking when to retract or not to retract by pressing a button or not pressing a button) sure seems VERY strange to me! Good luck with those chevies when you go back to them.
I'm very happy with my Cheby... LOL... What is interesting is only Nissan and Honda are the only two that do not allow you to simply unlock, open the door and press a pre set button. Which is very strange...

So lets for fun try to create a visual. One person is 5' weighing in at 98 lbs. Likes to be very close to the wheel when operating. this person uses the car 99% of the time, thus the spare key is in a safe in a safe place in the house. Pictuce this, please just take as is and try to picture it. Another person that will wash the car, or need to move it or something, that involves operating it, is say 6'5" and is only 250 lbs (football player), needs to move the car, so they simply grab the keys from the counter, and the only way to get the set back is to get into the car (which the can not) turn the key to the on position to be able to press the preset button to move the seat to a position that will allow them to get into the car. Why on god's green earth why would they turn on the auto full retract feature for 1% usages, and then spend thousands to replace the motor (labor) when it wears out?

For me that is just crazy... Why not just be able to press the button on the door when you open the door, just like all other cars?

bberger720
Car: 2006 Murano

What about just opening the door, reaching in (not getting in), putting the key in, turn the key on, then push the button on the door, wait for seat to move then get in. I know that this is slow in the rain but if you are only moving the car 3% of the time dont do it in the rain.

Hmason

Brvoltz, I agree with you 110%. I am 5'8" and my wife is 4'11". Every car I have owned with memory seats had the ability for the driver to simply open the door and touch the correct button without having to get in. My wife's car (2007 BMW 328XI) has memory seats which are programed to her key, my setting is programed to my key---but--- if I grab her key, I can just touch the #2 button on the seat to make it move to my position without getting in.

Now here's a new thought: on the BMW, you need to start the car with the key (obviously) for the Homelink button to operate and open the garage door. In the MO, you do not need the key to open the garage door. Think about the security issue this presents. It sure ain't a perfect world.

NissanSalesPA

The answer is as stated above that you reach in and press the start/stop button twice to turn on all electrical components of the vehicle. After doing this, you can utilize the seat memory positions as normal. One extra step than your Chevy, but it also means that the vehicle is not draining on the battery to supply power to all electronics every time the door is opened (a handy thing if you ever leave the door open for an extended period of time).

Return to “Murano Forum”