power windows

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
landonb16

So I am still waiting for mine to get in, they are telling me it will be the 15th now. While I have been waiting i have been reading the manual and it says this...

Opening windows (if so equipped)The keyfob allows you to open windows equippedwith automatic operation simultaneously.To open the windows, press the buttonon the keyfob for longer than 3 secondsafter all doors are unlocked.The door windows will open while pressingthe button on the keyfob.

What package does this come with? It says "if so equipped" but i can not find anything about it online. It also says that if you turn the key in the door and hold it to the right for 3 to 5 sec it will open the windows and if you turn the key in the other direction and hold it will close your windows also...

Has anybody used this yet?

Another cool thing I read in the manual is that if you unlock the doors using the key fob and you do not open any of the doors within a minute, it will then lock your doors for you.

Sahandman
Car: civic

im guessing this settup comes with the package with intellikey. But most cars have this system standard, i think just the regular versa Sl which has power windows has this settup, im confident of it cause my old dodge caravan 2001 does the same thing, its standard in most cars, not new feature in the vehicle world.

landonb16

i know its not new, i was just asking what versions of the car does it come with... If you think about it, it says "if so equipped" and this is in the section of the keyfob, which means you could have power doors and windows and still not have the option. i could be reading too much into this...

voltronguy
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Super Black

I actually have an SL w/ intelligent key and can't get that feature to work. Anyone else have this issue?

landonb16

that stings, i was hoping that it would work. I really want to know what package it comes with.

Fen911
Car: 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L/NAV

I have the S modle with power windows, locks and I can not open the windows with the keyfob. I tried several times and nothing.

Sahandman

I just checked the nissausa website and that feature comes on the power package of the versa sl.

penpen-commander

i have the same problem.

****'s freaking me out.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Anyone with the Convenience package tried it yet?

Meanwhile, I'm going out to the Maxima to see if the key-in-door method will get my windows UP.

voltronguy

I have the convenience package and it won't work for me.

Sahandman

ladies ladies check the nissan website, this feature is on the power package not convenience package.

voltronguy

Sahandman wrote:ladies ladies check the nissan website, this feature is on the power package not convenience package.
Well, the SL basically has the power package, that's why it's pretty weird that it's not in the highest end trim line.

landonb16

I must be a girl becuase i do not see it listed in the power package either.

Kegard
Car: 1.8SL CVT

Doesn't work on my SL with Convenience package either

I was bummed because that sounded like such a cool feature, and I wanted to rub it in the face of my Civic owning buddy, who is already jealous that his $19K 06 Civic doesn't have the cool features that my $17K Versa does!

drummernamedpat
Car: 07 Nissan Versa Fresh Powder SL w/ Conv. and Tech. Plus two 10's in the back

I have the SL with the convenience and power package. My windows don't come down either. Maybe we're all stupid and can't do it right.

btw, unrelated to anything we are talking about. Samuel L. Jackson's new movie "Snakes on a Plane" has a website where you can have it call your friends and it is samuel L. jackson calling them telling them to go see the movie. But you can edit what he says to them...you should check it out, I had a lot of fun with it:http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/

http://www.myspace.com/drummernamedpat
Modified by drummernamedpat at 7:14 AM 8/7/2006

Return to “Versa General Chat”