power window problem

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
dcdcdc
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible 5spd

Hi all,

today my passenger side and 2 rear windows suddenly stopped working. I put the top down and the 2 rears went down with it, but now pushing the switches on the center console don't do jack. there's just dead silence. the driver's side window still works, so it's not the fuse. I doubt all 3 motors would suddenly crap out at the same time. is there a relay I should be looking at? please help... rain is in the forecast.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

hehe...it sounds like you have your power window lock on.

push the button marked p/w lock located on the driver's door just above the window controls, then try to operate your other windows.

-demetrius

dcdcdc
Car: 1993 Nissan 240SX Convertible 5spd

dang I am dumb. thanks

m240
Car: 93 240sx coupe

My two back windows are jacked up. the passenger is tempermental in going down and up and there is some sort of problem with the drivers side. It wont go up all the way and I'm not sure if it is out of some sort of track it is supposed to be in... hmmm...

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

there are plastic clips that hold the window to the track. They're very hard to come by, but if you check http://www.car-part.com, you can see if any yards have them in stock (this is what I did when I repaired an SR vert I was getting ready to sell). Another source to try are the people at Courtesy Nissan. More than likely, you'll have to order the plate assembly that the clips are attached to. Most dealerships seem to think you're talking about the window regulator when you start talking about the quarter windows. Make sure they understand that you're talking about the plate that connects to the window itself and sits in the rails.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”