Power window issue

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
G35lovergirl
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Hey any help with where to start... My passenger window wont roll up!! I hit the auto down and it went down, then I tried to roll it up as usual but to no avail. I can hear a click once, the first time I pull on the lever. Not again after that. The glass doesn't shift at all either.. Help!!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If it won't roll up with either switch, then chances are you have a dead motor. They're brush motors, once the brushes get thin it's not uncommon for them to work fine one moment and then simply quit. If it will roll up from the passenger switch but not the master, then it's probably a bad switch. To confirm whether the motor or switch is the issue, pop the switch out and put a test lamp across the fat blue and green wires. If the lamp lights in both directions when you work the switch, the motor is bad. If it doesn't then the switch has a problem. Note that it's very common for dying motors to draw very high current and burn up the ground pin on the switch connector, so check that before condemning the switch itself.

G35lovergirl
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Is there any way at all to bypass the electric part & get it up/closed manually?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Not if the motor is dead. However, you can try having someone hold the switch in the up position and give the door a big whack with a rubber hammer. If the brushes are weak but not disintegrated, sometimes a bit of mechanical shock will jumpstart the motor.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”