power steering leak

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
JJM158
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35 S

This past week when i checked my oil level, i noticed that their was a leak of fluid by the fender liner by the power steering container. The power steering pump was replaced a week after i bought the car so that shouldn't be the issue. I am learning to become a d-i-y mechanic and be able to diagnose problems etc - a few hoses were covered in the leaked fluid underneath the container? any suggestions? i'm thinking its the hoses as they crack with age or the clamps
https://ibb.co/kDXgPcz
https://ibb.co/1RBkZq8

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The system does run at a relatively high pressure so a bad hose could be the issue. Clean off the hoses and the reservoir. Then have someone turn the wheels far left and right with the engine running while you look closely at the hoses and the reservoir. Also check the fluid level to see if it's where it should be under power and after sitting overnight. If you see no leaks and no new fluid along the hoses, it could be that the mess is from the mechanic who worked on the pump and didn't bother to clean up after.
Hopefully others will also chime in with more ideas.

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I had a power steering leak 2 years ago from the reservoir. I ignored it for the longest time bc it wasn't a really bad leak but it was obvious when I would look in the engine. I finally ended up ordering new hoses that connect to the reservoir and clamps from the dealership and new reservoir from Rock Auto. It was an easy fix and haven't had an issue since. I had to refill/drain 4-5 times to clean out as much of the dirty power steering fluid that i could.

Sstupid
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

I did the same thing: found all the low pressure hoses on the Infiniti parts site, ordered them, and replaces them. They get old and cracked. If it’s the high pressure hose. That thing is expensive.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”