power steering fittings?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
DeafMonkey
Car: 92' Nissan 240sx Convertible

OK, this question is for both KA and 2JZ...

First, im replacing my ps lines with some ss lines but first I need to know exactly what the fittings are for the rack and the pump on the KA?

Second, ive been working on a 2JZ swap and wondering if anyone here knows what the fittings are for that pump?

Or if anyone can push me in the direction of someone who does know (done the swap), or if I can use the same fitting for both pumps???

fitting for s13 rack----------------------size hose----------------------fitting for s13 pump/2jz pump

Thanks

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

sorry I don't have an answer but wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to fab a mount to use the pump form your chassis to the swapped motor? you can always take the 2 halves of hoses to your local hydraulic's shop and have them amake you a lone, chances are they'll have or can get the correct fitting

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

Hi pressure side fitting on the S14 rack is 14mm x 1.5 if I remember correctly. (I assume this holds true for the S13 since the racks are interchangeable)

One thing that is CRUCIAL is that you get a fitting that is long enough to seat the o-ring as most aftermarket -AN fitting adapters are too short. It seems that the only ones long enough are steel and all the aluminum ones are too short (made by Russell, etc.).

But, as stated above, using the stock fitting and having a hydraulic shop make you a custom line is a very cost effective option...just not as pretty.

Return to “Hybrids”