Power Steering and Collision Avoidance System question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
iceflow
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport S

Folks
This is not a very specific post unfortunately but here goes, the info was relayed to me. 2018 Rogue Sport applied the auto collision avoidance braking after another vehicle cut in very close. What I’m also told happened was the car steering wheel was “locked” at that point and the steering wheel light on the dash illuminated. The driver was able to turn off into a parking lot. Turned engine off / on and all seemed ok including the steering power assist. To anyone’s knowledge…is there any link between the collision avoidance system and the power steering assist?.....or steering in general? Car has been running fine since but I’m wondering if the two systems are linked by design? I cannot be more specific as I wasn’t driving the vehicle and the driver is not too vehicle savvy so to speak.
Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Nissan AEB/FEB is a last resort mechanism and will basically make you p!ss pants 100% of the time before it activates. At that point everything in the car is involved and the CANbus is swamped, so there may simply have been a communications overload. The EPS is CAN-addressable, so you can probably find out what happened just with an EPS-capable scan. If all you find are past "U" codes and comm codes, I'd say don't worry about it.

iceflow
Car: 2018 Rogue Sport S

Thanks, she's been running it for over a week now and no repeat of the issue so hopefully it was some sort of bus or other system overload after the auto braking kicked in.
Thanks for the info.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “Rogue Forum”