Power seats into a car that didnt have them

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
Nein7Oh
Car: 1994 Nissan Hardbody 4x4

So here's the story. I picked up a 2003 Altima 2.5 at auction for really cheap because the interior had been vandalized. I didnt think much of it, because in Colorado where I am originally from, I could just go the the various salvage and u-pull-it yards and find whatever I need. That is not the case in Mississippi. So I sourced most of what I needed from ebay... including the seats. I have black leather seats out of a different 03 Altima and I got a pretty good deal on them. I have the carpet gutted and the old seats out, only to realize that the driver's seat of the leather set is power and I didn't find a connector for power seats underneath the carpet.

Here is where I am hoping that you can help. Can someone take a quick look and see which fuse at the fuse panel is designated for the power seats (if there is one solely for them)? I have no idea which wires to tap into, but I have made a makeshift harness (not attached yet) since I do not have and cannot source the vehicle end of the connector setup. I can steal power from anything that comes on after ignition, but I don't want to get too sloppy with this. I'd like to do it as correctly as possible (minus the correct connector)

Thanks in advance!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO! Sorry to hear that your car is having trouble. I'm not all too well versed in your vehicle, but can offer an option for you.

Here at NICO, we have Factory Service Manuals available free to members. Take a look at the link in my signature and find the FSM for your car and you'll have all the info you'll ever need to make the repair and try to diagnose it for yourself while help is on the way.

Nein7Oh

Thank you Rogue One. The FSM has a wiring diagram for the seat. I am sure if I wanted to sort through all of the .pdf files I could find where else the wires mentioned go and determine the fuse it belongs to... OR I can swap the manual seat adjustment from the original seat to the new leather drivers seat since the passenger is manual too, which just dawned on me after seeing a seat disassembly diagram.

I appreciate the heads up. Unless someone chimes in soon, I will take it from here and hopefully have it figured out by tomorrow.

Nein7Oh

I found that although I could swap the manual seat base there isn't an easy way to delete the search controls. I do have to wire it in. Does anyone have an opinion on where the best place to tap into the wires necessary to get ignition controlled power? Also, should I ground to the chassis or one of the ground wires? Either should work, but I'm wondering if anyone has sage advice on whether one is better than the other. I don't want to add interference/alternator whine but I also don't want to tie too many things to the common ground.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”