Power Seat Wiring

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
NICONick
Car: 1993 S13

So, recently got a set of power burnt orange leather seats and will be swapping hem for my manual cloth seats but just wondering exactly which wires to tap for power and ground, can anyone make sense of the wiring under the seat, I'm so confused, doesn't help that I pulled up the whole carpet bc I was told that the harness would be there and just taped up, but it's not...

Hopefully someone can help me make sense of it ...

Drivers Side:
(think this may be the plug I have to tap into - anyone confirm?)
Pass Side:
(Pass Side plug I believe needs to be tapped)

Unused plug, on both seats...

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I wish I could help, but I don't find anything on this page that tells me what car (year make and model) these seats came from and what car (ditto) they're going into. I do see you have an S13 somewhere... is that related?

If these were Z seats and you had a Z, then I'd guess the plugs would be there. Anything else and I wouldn't guess that anymore. It sounds like you might be in the anything else category.

djwarner
Car: 1971 240Z Series I
2006 350Z

Sorry my seats were manual like yours. First question: are the actuator switches on the seat itself (on the side of the seats as opposed to mounted on the door. If so, you simply need to find which connector is supplies power to the seats.

There are other connectors for the air bags, passenger weight detector, etc. Theses should be the same as your old seats. This should leave one connector unmatched that powers the seat actuators.

I no longer have the 350Z so I can't help you verify the wiring. Nor can I help you jury rig the wiring as I don't know your skill level. If I was doing it, I would try to tap power from the accessory plug (cigarette lighter). It would be nice to jumper power to the seat to verify it operates before hacking into the car's wiring.

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”