Power seat retraction?

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
ksyed0
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Hi all:

I used to have a G35x sedan. When I shut the car off, the seat and steering would automatically retract out of the way to ease getting in/out of the car, and when turning on would move back to my preset.

My G37c doesn't do this (I have the tech package). The manual says its offered as an "option", but the dealers here don't know about it, they think it just doesn't have the feature.

Any ideas? The car is a bit tough to get in and out of (especially with the door detents, as someone else mentioned - either too close or way too far).

MKS

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Check the service manual or your owners manual to see if your car has it or not: http://Nicoclub.com/FSM

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Hi

The convertible does not have this feature - it's like the coupe. The way I got around this issue is to set #2 seat setting to back so before I turn of the engine after putting in park - I just press #2 seat setting and works for me.

Try it - works for me

pwlorraine
Car: 2009 G37 convertible moon white / stone / auto / sport/premium/nav/tech 2010 EX35 nav/bose/premium/

cmesurf wrote:Hi

The convertible does not have this feature - it's like the coupe. The way I got around this issue is to set #2 seat setting to back so before I turn of the engine after putting in park - I just press #2 seat setting and works for me.

Try it - works for me
I think you'll have to associate the key to position 2 in this scenario or else when you unlock the car it will return to your "driving" position. Then press 1 when you get in the car.

Fuh - I wish it just did it like the M35x. Its hard to get in and out without rubbing the side bolster.

Peter

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”