Power Lock/Power Window Issue

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
mavrick3
Car: 2004 Nissan Armada

I have a 2004 Armada with power lock & power window issues. Using the driver door switches- the rear windows will go down but not up. They do go up and down using their own switches on those doors. The passenger window will not go up or down using its switch or the driver side switch for it. Neither the driver side or passenger side lock switches work. I can only lock & unlock the truck using the keyless entry key fob. I checked all the fuses inside next to the glove box & they are all good. When I bought the Armada 2 years ago everything worked except the passenger side rear window would go down using the driver door switch but it would not go back up from the same switch. I wiggled the wires between the body & the front doors while moving the switches but that did nothing. I don't see any wires rubbed through.I unplugged the switches & didn't find any oxidation on the contacts or any damage. Does anyone have any suggestions?

marctronixx

could your your BCM (Body Control Module) is in need of replacing.

mavrick3
Car: 2004 Nissan Armada

Marctronixx,
Is there a simple way to test the BCM? Where is it located? I first assumed the BCM was the complete driver side switch assembly in the top of the door panel. Now I see the switch assembly is listed as a master switch.

marctronixx

the BCM is the Body Control Module. I am not sure where it is located on your model year, but it controls many of those functions you are having issues with, and given the vintage of your car, and these issues happening on more than one part, this is the first place I would look.

you can download the service manual from this site for your model year and you can source where it is. there is also a TCM or Transfer Control Module, but this is more for tranny/engine functions.

also if you have not done so, see if there are any DTCs at the obd port. if you dont have access to a scanner tool, your local auto zone can plug up one and list any fault codes. this is the first place to start.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”