Power lab 3/8 plenum spacer

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
ocho
Car: 2004 G35 sedan

I came across the 3/8 plenum spacer offered by everything G35 which i found to be cost wise attractive, my question is; if the 1/16 difference between this one and the 5/16 from motordine make a difference in performance?

ocho

tollboothwilley
Car: 2003 G35 Sedan w/ NAV

Try it out man

I have the 5/8" spacer from BLOX.

I believe the dyno curves vary slightly, but 1/16 isn't going to make a huge difference.

BIgger spacer generally creates more HP in the upper range, the 5/16 has a better increase through the whole RPM band.

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

Hey guys, I tried to get the BLOX 5/8th spacer on ebay, I was unfortunately outbid last minute, but I'll try again, Do you find it's louder with the spacer installed? It's next on the to do list... he he...

Grant

Jacko3

Brandaid:

Sorry about that! Remember, if you don't get it the first time, keep trying! At some point, its all going to come together. Persistence is the nectar and fruit juice of the successful.

aukword1
Car: 04' g35, 04' rx8

quick question on installation of spacer....do u need to replace the gasket? or take it out at all....i've seena a few DIY's and they dont really mention anything about removing it..from the looks of it you just put the spacer on top of it and then seal it with high temp RTV....is this right? also if you look on youtube theres a video there of a DIY by some g35driver.com guys and they actually take off the whole manifold and replace the gasket under there...is this really necessary....and what would happen if u needed to replace that gasket under there one day , wouldnt it be hard if the intake manifold was sealed with the red rtv? lol so many questions sorry....

tollboothwilley

aukword1 wrote:quick question on installation of spacer....do u need to replace the gasket? or take it out at all....i've seena a few DIY's and they dont really mention anything about removing it..from the looks of it you just put the spacer on top of it and then seal it with high temp RTV....is this right?
yes, that is right
BrandAidDesignG35 wrote:Hey guys, I tried to get the BLOX 5/8th spacer on ebay, I was unfortunately outbid last minute, but I'll try again, Do you find it's louder with the spacer installed? It's next on the to do list... he he...

Grant
Grant, why dont you just buy it from here

http://www.jhpusa.com/catalog/...29831

$100 shipped....

aukword1

thanks...

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

aukword1 wrote:quick question on installation of spacer....do u need to replace the gasket? or take it out at all....i've seena a few DIY's and they dont really mention anything about removing it..from the looks of it you just put the spacer on top of it and then seal it with high temp RTV....is this right? also if you look on youtube theres a video there of a DIY by some g35driver.com guys and they actually take off the whole manifold and replace the gasket under there...is this really necessary....and what would happen if u needed to replace that gasket under there one day , wouldnt it be hard if the intake manifold was sealed with the red rtv? lol so many questions sorry....
No RTV on the Blox. I spoke with their tech dept and they said that the material will seat with a little engine heat. I tried the RTV first and it just pealed off.

aukword1

okay well i did get the Blox 5/8" spacer so no RTV eh? sounds good to me, it should be arriving tomorrow i can't wait to put it on =)..so just put it on and torque it down 7lbs?

tollboothwilley

I used RTV when i installed the BLOX...

aukword1

hmm to rtv or not to rtv that is the question....

Sentientbydesign
Car: 03 Evo VIII - 330 AWHP
05 Subaru Legacy GT Stg 2 - Sold
05 G35 6MT Coupe - 278 WHP - Sold
04 WW Evo VIII - 302 AWHP - Ex's
96 I30 - Sold

My info is straight from the manufacturer.

If you check out the material, it's slightly soft. I haven't had any leak problems since my install.

The material basically repels the RTV, so you can put it on if you want, but it's essentially useless.

BrandAidDesignG35
Car: G35

Thanks for all the info guys!

Jacko... I am persistant, but I also procrastinate

Tollboothwiley... Thanks for the link! I'm debating the 3/8 - 5/16, but likely will go the route of the 5/16... That seems like a great deal thanks...

Sentientbydesign - Nice job on the investigating... I would trust your experience with this, seems useless to me

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”