Power folding mirrors

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

As you guys know, in other markets the Fuga/Y50 cars did get optional power folding mirrors. I have seen the mirror assembly + switch from Japanese cars (they came on the fully loaded 450GT) on eBay. Do you guys know if all Y50 cars are pre-wired for this?

According to this thread all G37's are prewired and it's an easy swap. https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-inter ... rrors.html

I did search but none of the threads mentioned the car being pre-wired for it. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

If I recall, the one guy who did it here had to do the wiring.

EdBwoy

I have stripped an 06 M (fully loaded) to the shell, and to the best of my recollection, it was not prewired for power folding mirrors.

I too, found it odd that in the US a 2004 Nissan Maxima came with the option of power folding mirrors while the flagship Infiniti Q45 nor M45 later, had the option... But oh well.

CarGuy87

ok gotcha thanks guys

If anyone has any info on this feel free to chime in (even far in the future)

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Electric folding mirrors would be a nice mod! But knowing Infiniti the way lots of us do, the blokes in Japan have probably designed our mirrors and harness such that if we try to do this, we loose the tilt feature, memory, etc.
I always fold my mirrors manually in a car park since the day I was sat in my car, waiting to reverse out of my slot, and noticed a rather large woman who was walking between me and the car in the slot next to me from my bumper forward. I could clearly see she had maybe 3mm clearance between the two cars and her massive hips pushed mine and my my neighbor's mirror completely forward! She just kept walking as if nothing happened. I honked, pointed at my mirror, and she smiled, shrugged, and kept walking. Mind you, I'm NOT fat shaming here - just pointing out that people with a large girth need to take note of spaces and perhaps stay clear or walk around - but sometimes they don't.

CarGuy87

Absolutely I understand. Luckily I live in the suburbs so parking is not a problem but when I do drive to LA I'm very careful of where and how I park.

The way I see it if one gets the Japanese unit it can't be that many more cables. It can't be that hard to figure out. Out of my scope though, I would definitely have someone do it that is versed in automotive wiring.

The main components are:

1) The mirror housing with power folding motors x2 (Japanese or Aussie market option)
2) The mirror inner corner piece x2
3) The dash switch
4) Pig tail

Right now there is a Japanese seller on eBay selling all of this for $399. :wavey:

Search for "nissan fuga folding mirror"

EZEMaxima
Car: 98 Nissan Maxima GXE; 06 2WD Nissan Armada LE; 09 Infiniti M35

Im not sure but you might have to switch the glass (mirrors) with your US version ones.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”