SR20DET - Power FC tuning

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
ka24det92
Car: 92 240sx KA-t

Hello i am having a problem the guy who was going to tune my car dose not have any base maps to go off of. I already put all the up grades on my car and cant go back to the stock ecu cause most of the stock stuff is gone. My setup is a s13 black top with 550 d-works, z32 airmass, 2871r, i dont know what else you would really need to know. I was wondering if any one was running the same setup and could give me the specs to put into the comander so i can get my car running so i can get to a dyno so any help would be great thanks in advanced.

steve shadows

Edited by mod:

Contact Greg if you want to advertise your business.

B00STFED

thats a pretty good deal... Ill remember that for the future.

rc1honda
Car: 1992 240 sx
2007 BMW 335xi
2008 Honda CBR1000RR

ka24det92 wrote:Hello i am having a problem the guy who was going to tune my car dose not have any base maps to go off of. I already put all the up grades on my car and cant go back to the stock ecu cause most of the stock stuff is gone. My setup is a s13 black top with 550 d-works, z32 airmass, 2871r, i dont know what else you would really need to know. I was wondering if any one was running the same setup and could give me the specs to put into the comander so i can get my car running so i can get to a dyno so any help would be great thanks in advanced.
Here a link that will get you going. First thing is the injector correction and turning the boost control off. BTW you can't get the base maps if you don't have a dataloggit. Then next thing is the idle learn procedure. Takes 30 minutes. The oFC for the SR20 already has a base map programmed in. Once you do the injector correction the car will be driveable but stay off the boost and dont go floggin on it.

Here is a link that will get you started.
http://www.paulr33.com/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

This will tell you haow to do the injector correction and idle learn procedure. This page will get you to the dyno no problem.

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Good info rc1. Saved an, otherwise, useless thread..

truckboy

Tuning a vehicle is a completely different world than just being able to rebuild a motor. You have to understand the fuel maps, moniter your air/fuel ratio, and be able to adjust the timing just right because one little slip of not controlling your timing or air/fuel setup and the whole motor will just go boom. Tuning has to be pretty precise especially if your car has many upgrades to it.

Return to “Engine Tuning”