SR20DET: Power FC IAT sensor question (and more)

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
freakyjason
Car: 1990 240sx

So, I recently got my car running (Tuned by Synapse Motor Sports) with an Apex-i Power FC. The car runs very well, but it seems to not like to hot start some times. When they were tuning it, they said something about an intake air temperature sensor being needed, but then they said they got it to work somehow with just a Z32 maf. my question is: Does it actually require an IAT sensor to run properly?

Also, I had an issue with my alternator, and upon fixing it, the power FC will no longer turn on (no power to the unit). Called synapse and they suggested a blown ECU fuse. However, the 10A fuse that says 'eng cont' is intact, and the big box like fuse that says 'eng cont' appears to be fine, but part of the problem is I don't know how to tell if the big one is blown. Any idea what they're talking about? PLEASE HELP! I'm at my wits end haha

Morph
Car: 91 Sr Powered Coupe

Hey, might want to check this http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/204522-po ... ensor.html. I've been doing basic research on standalone / ecu flashes( so im far from an expert ) and thought with the D-Jetro system you needed a MAP and IAT sensor....

As far as the fuses goes do you have a multimeter to test it with to see if its actually blown?

freakyjason
Car: 1990 240sx

After speaking with Synapse, I learned that for a maf'ed application, an IAT is not required, and even works really well paired with certain mafs such as the Z32.

As for the fuses, I've learned that it's most likely the eng cont fuse (the fl25a one) that has blown. This seems to happen some times when current is arced from the alternator or starter. A stock ECU will function with this fuse being blown, but the Apex-i has a different start-up sequence and requires that fuse to complete the circuit. looks like I may have theoretically answered my question. we'll see if this all works in practice however haha

Return to “Engine Tuning”