Power FC Bug?

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
xracerx972
Car: 89 240sx

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or if anyone has any ideas what could be going on.. (s13 rb25det s2 djetro)

One day my cars running fine, but the next day I go to start it and it starts up to about 1500rpm and then immediately dies. So I research and everyones saying idle air control valve or air regulator.. So I clean and check them, but I cant quite understand how to make the air regulator modulate - so assuming mine died, I go to replace it with another regulator.

I get the same results with the different regulator - the car starts up fine and sounds good (no missing or misfiring), but as soon as it hits about 1200-1500rpm, it immediately dies.

Here's where it gets weird - I initialize the PFC and the car starts right up. I load my previous map back on and it's as if nothing was ever wrong to begin with. I drove it around the block and everything seems fine, but I have yet to let it cool down and retry the cold start.

As a side note - I have an FPR, so I can see I have good fuel pressure. It's almost as if the computer was going through the startup sequence and as soon as that's done, it stops all other functions. :wtf2: :gotme

Return to “Engine Tuning”