Power antenna mast replacement alternatives - Terrano II (R20)

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
niko.r32
Car: Terrano II (R20)

Hi everyone!

I'm new posting to this forum, but I've been reading it a lot of it since I purchased earlier this year a 1996 Terrano II (R20) two doors. It was made in Spain. I am from Chile, so maybe really far away from almost everybody here. :)

I don't know if this is the right forum for this, but seemed to me it would be the closest option.

So, now to the power antenna... It is not linked to the radio, but to a window-up-down-switch in the center console. The motor works just fine, but the mast was damaged, so it won't go all the way up or down.

So I removed the motor + mast, and took appart the mast from the engine and now I'm looking for a replacement mast.

The part number for this vehicle is 28215-0F000, but I was wondering if any of you guys know wether a mast from another model would fit. Maybe one from a Pathfinder, or 240sx?

I hope someone has come across a simmilar issue.

Thanks!

whomadewho
Car: 1997 Nissan pickup

Welcome to the form. The part number - 28215-0f000 antenna mast. The application parts lists shows - 1996- 2004 Pathfinder. 1996-1999 Maxima - have the same part number. Amcarparts.com.UK. Sells l the OEM part for the 1996 Terrano 2 (R20). I read some of the reviews. It states you may? Have to file the end to get the proper fit. Some showed works excellent without modifying This would for the pathfinder and the Maxima. Hope this helps.

niko.r32

Thanks! Yes, apparently it should be the same as in those models-years, but the informatino I've found is not accurate enough to trust in it 100%. I think I will have to just try it out.

A quick question: if the diameter of the biggest portion of the antenna is the same as in mine, but the extended length is different, should that present a problem while operating?

Thanks!

whomadewho

It would be depending on the distance of the station. If this occurs an option would be to purchase a antenna booster. The only difference I read in the reviews was the diameter of the end. Some of the ends came with a brass fitting others didn’t. Just guessing that’s probably the reason for filling the end?

niko.r32

Thanks for yourl help whomadewho!

whomadewho

Your welcome. Let us know if the part is a direct fit or it needs to be modified. The information will help others.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”