Powder Coating Services

A forum for approved vendors of specialized, limited-production parts. Help small businesses that cater to Nissan enthusiasts and score some unique, useful parts! Contact [email protected] for approval and rates.
The_Chosen_One
Car: 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i

Alright guys I got approval to start offering Powder Coating services to you guys.

To give you a little background, I do powder coating on the side for fun. I do the painting out of my buddys garage. I've been coating since October so Im still new at this but pretty much have the hang of it.

To give you a run down of my prices for valve covers I usually charge a $15 per cylinder fee so 4 clynders are $65 Shipped. But the more cylinders the cheaper it will be. These prices are usually for Single Stages, Multiple stages are $10 extra which require a Base Coat and Top Coats.

Im very flexible on prices so if your on a tight budget I can work with you to try and get you covered.

I do offer warranties on the coatings which is 60days.

Because I do this for fun/side I only powdercoat on certain days, which are Tuesday, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I try to get them done as soon as I can but since I work at another job I may sometimes be called in. But I'll try to get everything done in a timely manner usually within the week of arrival.

Just a few examples that I've done in the past.

These are single stages, they vary from wrinkle, to mirror gloss, flats, etc etc.

These are considered Multiple Stages.

Jonnie Fraz

You do some pretty nice work my friend. I was a coater here in Sacramento for a few years, you have great prices to.

m tr4nch
Car: RS13, Z31, P11

looks like some awesome work!so pumas and powdercoating huh?

if you weren't so far away i'd have you do my whole suspension. good luck with everything!

The_Chosen_One

thanks guys I appreciate it.

Yea Im not looking to make a boatload of money pretty much cover my expenses and a few extra bucks to spend on the weekends.

Thats right M tr4nch pumas and powdercoating. Powdercoating is what pays for the pumas :p

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

sent you an email.

The_Chosen_One

Hey guys im gonna be running a Month special on powder coating KA valve covers.For DOHC covers I will be charging $45 Shipped for Single Stages.For SOHC covers I will be charging $50 Shipped for Single Stages.

Single stages are 1 coat colors such as Mirror colors, Flat, Textured.

Multiple stages are translucents, candies, special effects, clear coats etc.

For multiple stages contact me but usually its $10 more.

This special will end July 11.

Beancooker
Car: Current Car: 2019 Toyota Tacoma (modded)
Past cars: Way too many to list

I'm no whiz when it comes to painting, especially powder coating. But IIRC, it has to be a metal object, correct?

I would like to get my engine cover painted, but it's plastic... So is this something that can be powdercoated?

If not the plastic, what about the top half of a plenum? It's aluminum...

The_Chosen_One

Yea it has to metal, there is research on having a low temp powder to do plastic but not available yet.

For the plenum if it fits your standard kitchen oven than I can coat it.

grmreapr
Car: 89 rps13, 02 mazda protege

can you do sr calve covers? how much to do one in this orange http://s266.photobucket.com/al...3.jpgyou have you had a ka up for sale not long ago my zip is 08886

The_Chosen_One

Yea I can do SR covers but unfortunatly I dont have any cores. So they would have to be shipped in.

The_Chosen_One

Forgot to mention it would be $65 Shipped.

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Where about in Boca Raton?

The_Chosen_One

I do powder coating at my friends garage which is in West Boca west of 441.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Guys, I got in a SOHC valve cover today and I am freaking stoked! It is absolutely gorgeous! Julian has excellent attention to detail and execution of services. I will post pics when I can.

Julian, thank you!

The_Chosen_One

Glad you liked it man. I was very happy because the cover was in bad shape and when it came out so nice I was actually quite shocked.

xX RB Xx
Car: SE3P, FC3S, FC3C.

hey do i send you my valve cover or do you have one already? and is it possible to do a blue crinkle on a KA DOHC?

The_Chosen_One

xX RB Xx wrote:hey do i send you my valve cover or do you have one already? and is it possible to do a blue crinkle on a KA DOHC?
Depends on the motor. If its for a SOHC or s13 DOHC than for an extra $15 I can purchase one for you. But if its like SR, RB, S14 DOHC than you'll have to send it in.

I can do a blue wrinkle. Are you looking for a dark blue, light blue?

Warped161
Car: 90 s13 the never ending project

how much to powder coat the sohc throttle body?

xX RB Xx

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Depends on the motor. If its for a SOHC or s13 DOHC than for an extra $15 I can purchase one for you. But if its like SR, RB, S14 DOHC than you'll have to send it in.

I can do a blue wrinkle. Are you looking for a dark blue, light blue?
ok sweet... im looking for a light blue.. but not a baby blue either.. here this is what color im looking for..

do you think you could do that color?

xX RB Xx

oh ****.. i just relized i sold my s13 and have a 14... ok how do you think it would be all together.. if i ship you the VC?

The_Chosen_One

Warped161 wrote:how much to powder coat the sohc throttle body?
$30 but the TB has to be disassembled. If I remember correctly the TB has a plastic bearing that will melt when baking.
xX RB Xx wrote:
ok sweet... im looking for a light blue.. but not a baby blue either.. here this is what color im looking for..

do you think you could do that color?
Closest I can get to that color is this.

As for price its $45 Shipped plus $10 to order the wrinkle blue. So $55 Shipped.

xX RB Xx

ok sounds great.. now i just gotta find a S14 valve cover

The_Chosen_One

My friend asked me to make something on the wild side. I had a hard time coming up with a scheme. So I figured trying a 2tone.

I must say this cover was the MOST pain in the ***, I've never been so frustrated on a cover like this one. Overall Im happy with the concept its not perfect but overall Im pleased. The masking on this was ridiculous I think im gonna use painters tape next time instead of this crappy powder coaters tape.

This is a cover I did for a friend as well. I was having such a bad day with applying multiple coats so I had to shoot the pink when the cover was hot. This poses a problem of the powder hardening before I can wipe off the letters.

Warped161

nice the two tone is kinda hot

The_Chosen_One

You should see it in person, the sparkle is ridiculous. I did like 2 coats of the clear coat with sparkles. Its ridiculous my friend is extremly happy.

However I dont think I'd want to do it again. I've never been so agitated coating a cover like I was with this cover.

The_Chosen_One

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

HEHEHE, thats MY thermostat housing for my SOHC KA in black chrome at the end there. FRIGGIN SWEET!!!!!

The_Chosen_One

Yea unfortunatly the other side doesnt look to good :/ I didnt let the acetone dry up and well it bubbled so I gotta redo it. But I just wanted to see the color. Glad you like the color.

Warped161

The red SOHC ka cover is gorgeous! how much to have my throttle body, intake plenum, valve cover, and fuel rail all done. single coat.

The_Chosen_One

A flat rate of $170 Shipped.

Return to “Fabricators' Market”