Potential

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

I was wondering if the CA holds the same power potential as the SR does, I have decided to go with the CA, since it is cheaper and not as common as the SR. Also where can I buy/read/dl a guide to installing the CA, Like prep work.

Also ? for Dauntless, I have read a couple of posts and you said you are gonna be getting CAs, is their a guarentee that comes with them when they are bought?

Also where can I read more up about the CA, I want to know everything about it!!:help

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

IMHO the CA has more potential due to the stronger block, but SR guys would argue this to the death.

install is just like the SR, nothing much too it :)

http://www.heavythrottle.com has the play by play

later,Paul

Daunttless

There are two guarantees and a compression check. : )

I will provide compression papers, the engines come with a low mileage guarantee, and a startup guarantee. If I do the install, I'm still working out warranty issues, but there will be a fairly long term limited warranty on the engine as well so long as it is installed in my shop. I unfortunately cannot offer a warranty on installs that I do not do, as I have no control over improper handling in that situation. However, the startup guarantee provides that everything is in working order when it leaves my shop. : )

Also, I have found, and these are my own observations, that price wise and simplicity wise its easier to put a SR to 320-350hp, but beyond that price wise and simplicity wise it is easier to put a CA to 350-500hp.

Anything else we can answer?

p1n0yb0yracer

how much would it cost to put in a CA? and about how much would it cost to get it around 400 hp?

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”