Potential Rogue Owner || MSRP, OTD & CVT Questions

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
raYne
Car: ???

Hi all! New to these forums, but have owned a 1998 Nissan Altima and 2005 Infiniti FX35 before. I'm in the market for a Nissan again, looking for a 2023 Nissan Rogue SV. I'm opting for the SV trim because I don't want the leather seating, but still want a panoramic sunroof. I only had my Infiniti FX for about 30k miles before trade-in, so I never had issues with the CVT (Jatco?), but I see so many reviews with that being a problem. Might be a bit early, do those issues apply to 2022-present model year (the i-3t engine)?

I'm also curious how everybody's dealer experience was and if any recommended dealers in Southern California? I have an out-the-door (including taxes) quote from a dealer that's $2k above MSRP, but am going to decline and wait for more inventory to come in. I would love to hear how everyone's OTD was in comparison to MSRP. I attached a copy of the quote, and opinions would be great!

What other compact SUV's did you consider when buying your Rogue? I'm currently looking at the Mazda CX-50 and Hyundai Tucson as well, but I'm leaning toward the Rogue SV in the Midnight Package.
2023 Rogue SV_Carson Nissan Combined.jpg

telecastermds
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue

$35,175 - $33,522 = $1653.00 discount off MSRP.

That's a good deal since I paid MSRP for my 22. I don't count adding tax, tags, doc fees and all that as MSRP.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I won't answer for any of the other stuff, but the CVT is the new GE series and they seem pretty rugged. The belt is more like the RE0F10J in the Pathfinder than the weenie 4-cyl belt. It's only been two and a half years now, but we've seen almost zero issues with them. They're still CVT's, of course, so don't think you can drive without any maintenance and expect them to live forever. Fluid changes at 30K will reward you.

Return to “Rogue Forum”