Potential Q50 buyer - Questions

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Deuces88

Hello all. Im looking at a 2014 q50. It isn't CPO'd but from a reputable dealer. Has 40k on it. According to carfax it looks like it was taken care of and the scheduled maintenance was done as it should have been.

1. The infotainment system - I've read alot about it being slow to load up which doesn't bother me. My questions pertains to the bluetooth. I use it alot for music. When playing songs does it lag or anything? That would bother me.

2. I'll be honest the mpg scare me a bit. I know its a natural aspired v6 so i don't expect miracles in the city. However i've read some reports that some people have gotten upwards of 28-30 on the highway? I do alot of highway driving thats why i ask.

I love how the q looks, my brother has a g35 and i've always loved it. Anything else i should maybe look for when test driving. I'm aware of the Drive by wire steering. Have to see how it feels as well.

Thanks for any possible replies. It is appreciated.

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Deuces88 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:00 pm
Hello all. Im looking at a 2014 q50. It isn't CPO'd but from a reputable dealer. Has 40k on it. According to carfax it looks like it was taken care of and the scheduled maintenance was done as it should have been.

I had a 21012 G37 IPL, a 2015 QX50 and currently a 2106 Q50 RS400, I'm an Infiniti fan....

1. The infotainment system - I've read alot about it being slow to load up which doesn't bother me. My questions pertains to the bluetooth. I use it alot for music. When playing songs does it lag or anything? That would bother me.

System loading is slow, playback is fine

2. I'll be honest the mpg scare me a bit. I know its a natural aspired v6 so i don't expect miracles in the city. However i've read some reports that some people have gotten upwards of 28-30 on the highway? I do alot of highway driving thats why i ask.

Both my IPL and QX50 had the 3.7 v6, I drove the IPL hard, didn't keep the QX50 long but neither got great mileage. I got low 20's highway driving. My Q50 RS400 get 3-4 mpg better city despite having 400 hp and I drive it hard. The 3.7 is a nice engine but not great mileage

I love how the q looks, my brother has a g35 and i've always loved it. Anything else i should maybe look for when test driving. I'm aware of the Drive by wire steering. Have to see how it feels as well.

The first generation steer by wire gets bad reviews, it's very numb, gen 2 was out when I got my Red Sport, noticeably better and I still passed. Personally I would not get it.

Thanks for any possible replies. It is appreciated.
I love my Q50, the only negatives on a 2014 again would be not so great mileage, and I wound not get DAS. If you don't mind the steering and not great city mileage, but very lively performance, go for it. Although considered a premium compact it had more back room than the BMW/Audi/MB compacts, higher trim levels have fold down rear seats too

M37xfan
Car: Traded in 2012 Infiniti M37x

In my opinion I would look at a 2015. Infiniti made some improvements :yesnod

rmyAddison
Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport

Followup..........

As somebody who has owned both the 3.7 v6 (G37 IPL, QX50) and the new 3.0tt (Q50 RS400), and since the OP asked about mileage, the difference is significant, very.

Most of my driving is city, and "brisk", I got 11mpg with my IPL in town, sometimes 9-10, no lie. I drive my Red Sport pretty much the same and I'm surprised I'm getting 17-18 in town, mid to upper 20's highway, and it's a beast.

Huge improvements IMHO from the 3.7 v6 to the new twin turbo, both in performance and mileage. I know a decent number of Infiniti owners, nobody brags about mileage, but the 3.0tt is a major improvement, and worth consideration if mileage is important.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”