**Possibly** new rims

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Ive been looking at some rims and went to Discounttire.com and came across some MB Seven X's. For $88 per rim, I think they're pretty sweet. Does anyone have any experiece with MBs? I know the 240/Silvia guys like them, but I dont know much about MB. I have a black Krom and I want to stick with stock sizes, heres the basic idea from DT: http://www.discounttiredirect....16197 (pick the black color choice)

What do you think?

renscube
Car: Nissan Cube

I dont know much bout the MB wheels but I think those look real good! I was actually on that website yesterday and picked out the Konig "traction" wheels. If you know anything bout Konig wheels please let me know.

Also the website is offering a $100 instant rebate on the Konig wheels if you purchase online. and they give you free shipping! I picked out the 18" wheels with the set of lugs and TPMS rebuild kit and it came out to under $400 out the door. http://www.discounttiredirect....49153 So check to see if yours come with an instant rebate.

PixieDrea
Car: 2010 Nissan cube s, 1986 Nissan Stanza Wagon

I'm not familiar with MB. I've had a set of Konig, they were great.

I'm looking at tirerack.com, there's a set of Borbet's (LV4) that I think are sick. Those are also available at NTB, and there's an NTB right next to the dealer where my cube is going to arrive. I'm thinking that the day my cube comes in I'm just gonna go over and trade out those hubcaps for a nice set of wheels.

Here's the link to how they'll look from TireRack.com. I'm going to stick with stock sized wheels for now.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels...=1920#
Modified by PixieDrea at 8:13 AM 1/12/2010

KromCube

I looked into MB wheels and couldn't find to much information. Most people like them because they're cheaper than most wheels and they look great. They can just "throw them away" whenever they get messed up. Well, I don't have that kind of money being 17 and having a part time job. I found out that MB Designs is America's/Discout Tires brand of wheels (think "Great Value" products being Walmart's brand type thing).

I read somewhere on here from a NiCO club member and employee of a Discount Tire store that just about every set of MBs he has come across has been slightly flattened because of poor road surfaces and possibly poor materials (metal alloy) in the rim itself. So as of right know, I have better things to spend money on until I find out more info.

renscube, those Konigs look nice. Konig is a reputable company and many people, including car manufacturers use them. Post pics when you get them mounted. And welcome to NiCO!

PixieDrea, I agree on going with stock sizing. Most people don't know what pains plus size rims can be. And good choice on the Borbets, they look nice aswell. Oh, and welcome to NiCO too!

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I do not think I am a fan of those wheels you picked out. Not really digging the polished lip and the polished hub/center cap.... Just my opinion though. I think having a polished lip on a black rim makes the wheel look much smaller than it really is.

Then again it all depends on what you like and what you will be happy with, not anyone else.

The discount tire I went to the other day had a MB wheel in there with the lip pretty much bowed out in one spot. They are pretty inexpensive wheels, not too sure on their quality.

KromCube

Yeah Id much rather spend more money on wheels that are safe than cheap out and buy poor quality wheels. With that $275-$300 I think it would be better to go the HID and window tint route.

owinbush
Car: 1998 Inifinit Q45
2009 Nissan Cube

I rode on a set of MBs on my sc300 for nearly two years with no problems. Alot of the MB wheels for imports/tuners are jdm company wheels branded as MB here in the USA. Atech makes the MB Weapon for example. I'd rock em without any questions.

chompsticks

I would def do that. You could/should be able to get an HID kit and window tint for $200 at most and save your money for some 17' or maybe even 18'. You could also do aftermarket fogs too, I did that with my Krom, the wiring harness is still there and the automatic switch stalk will work with the stalk with fog lights too. You just gotta find the right fogs though. I found some stealth ones at walmart, they carry them at autozone and pepboys too. It just has to be compact.

KromCube

The tint is $75 for the front two windows and I think the HIDs are like $40-$50. Not sure, I have to find them again. Some fogs would look cool, are they like strips or round? LEDs would look nice.

chompsticks

That is a good price for the tint. Are you deciding on getting just HID bulbs or a ballast kit? I would recommend a slim ballast kit because getting just the bulbs can sometimes short the wire or burn out the bulb. you'd also have to get bixenon if you want high and low beams. Just a suggestion feel free to go any route you would like.

As far as fogs go, there are only a few that will fit and most are slim or compact. The ones I got are rectangularly round.... LOL I think a LED strip would be cool, but there are not any nice curves... Hmmm, you could place them vertically and curve them along the ends of the lower chrome grill. sort of like this (=====) That might look pretty sick. hmmm I think I might do that now... I would def get the foglight steering wheel stock if you decide, unless you want a random switch somewhere

Here are my fogs

KromCube

Dude, those fogs are awesome. Where did you get the HIDs from? Are yours 6K? HIDextra.com has a $15 off discount for people on the NiCO forums. But the bixenon kits are $100 for H4s (thats the right size right?). Theres also an hi/lo kit but Im guessing those are two separate bulbs.

chompsticks

I got mine off ebay for $100. It was xentec slim bixenon ballast kit with 6000k bulbs H4. I believe the hi/low bixenon mean the same... I think... as long you are only getting one bulb and not two per side you are fine. Also the slim ballast kit is nice because it can tuck away much easier.

Return to “Cube Forum”