possible to trade in??

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
isaldjgxi

hey, if i have a graphite 2004 g35sedan and wanted to trade it in at the dealership w/ a black 2004 manual g35sedan, would that be possible? My g35sedan has low miles, and has an automatic transmission.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Absolutely.It will cost you some trade-in value of course.

I am currentyl facinf the same situation to possibly trade my 04 blue entusiast 350Z for a 05 Track.

Just a matter of how much the dealer is willing to give you for it.,

The lower your miles the better the $$ you get.

If you really want to the 6 Speed to be happy with your car, go for it.(But shop around dealers a bit for best trade-in value)

Fred...

PalmerWMD

I would email this member:http://nicoclub.com/zerouser?c...19169

He works at Niello Infiniti in California and can probably help you, to get it done right.

Fred..

isaldjgxi

ooh allright thanks mann. =D

fshrmn

Can you say negative equity? I would suggest selling your car yourself. You would most likely come out better this way, but it does take more work.

Fshrmn

PalmerWMD

fshrmn wrote:Can you say negative equity? I would suggest selling your car yourself. You would most likely come out better this way, but it does take more work.

Fshrmn
Why do you say engative equity I still ahve tons of equity in my cxar even tho I only had it 4 months if I traded it in..

Negative equity <only> applies if all the following hold true:

-Financed all or nearly all of the car-Gets poor trade in value-No addtional money paid down for the new vehicle

Basically all 3 of the above need to apply to produce negative equity for a car that hold its value as well as the G35.

If you would be happy with a different car the addtitional expense might not be significant .

Fred..

fshrmn

Of course you are right. If he put a good chunk of change down or had a good trade that he didn't owe money on. A lot of us are in the unfortunate situation of negative equity though. Anyway you look at it though, you are most likely going to get quite a bit more by selling it privately.

I had negative equity in my Acura that I traded in on my G, but it was worth it.

fshrmn

PalmerWMD

fshrmn wrote:I had negative equity in my Acura that I traded in on my G, but it was worth it.

fshrmn
Aye, when its worth it its worth it.No sense driving a car ylou dont love.More than makes up for some extra $$.

Fred..

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

The G35 is one of the top 2 or 3 cars at retaining it's value.

I say go for it. Either selling it yourself or trading it in. I've debated something similar myself.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”