Possible ROTM (Ride Of The Month)

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

Did a search and could not find anything on this for our sight. Thought this would be a good idea for the fellas to show off their rides a little bit more. I belonged to other sites before that did this and it was pretty cool, everybody loved it, If the Mods were to agree to this, I have the rules that they used and you could add or delete as you see fit.

Again, was just going thru some of my old Impala SS photo's and thought I would share. Peace!!!

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

Though it would be cool, I don't think there are enough active members of this forum to have much variety for ride of the month. I think we would get one or two people that get it all the time lol.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

SwissCheeseHead wrote:Though it would be cool, I don't think there are enough active members of this forum to have much variety for ride of the month. I think we would get one or two people that get it all the time lol.
Yep, this is precisely the issue. Both M forums (Y50 and Y51) just don't get enough traffic...especially from guys that put real work into their cars. IMO, a car with wheels and tint should never win ROTM. Cars that win that should have some effort put into them.

stm37s
Car: 2012 300 SRT8
2011 M37S
2006 Range Rover HSE (Wife's Ride)
2012 Camaro LS (Wife's Ride)
95 Impala SS (sold)
2004 Impala SS (sold)
2012 Hyundai Veloster (Daughters Ride)

IlyaKol wrote:
SwissCheeseHead wrote:Though it would be cool, I don't think there are enough active members of this forum to have much variety for ride of the month. I think we would get one or two people that get it all the time lol.
Yep, this is precisely the issue. Both M forums (Y50 and Y51) just don't get enough traffic...especially from guys that put real work into their cars. IMO, a car with wheels and tint should never win ROTM. Cars that win that should have some effort put into them.
Sounds good fellas, was just throwing that out there to try something different. Is there anything else we can try to do to spark more interest? This is one of the BEST sites that I've been on.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

Think of it as being part of the "Exclusive members only" club :D

I've been part of the myG37 forum for many years, and I would say about 4 years ago, it consisted of a small group of highly enthusiastic members, (kind of like we have now, but a little bit bigger) and there were intelligent conversations, meaningful debate, and tasteful mods. Now go there and all you see are, Do you like my wheels? How's my plastidip job? or What kind of exhaust should I get? (for the eleventybillionth time). I appreciate the smaller group.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

That's because when the cars are new, only the adults/professionals can afford them (no kid can afford a $65k car or even a $40k used car unless they are very successful and that usually means they are mature). But now that M's (and G's) that are 5-6 years old are selling for $10-15k...college kids can afford them hence the 'dumbing down' of those respective car groups. It's a matter of time before we deal with the same thing here lol.

Lucky enough, you guys make my job as moderator relatively easy as I don't have to babysit you guys and break up arguments.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”