Possible BCM issues

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Zorriea
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

I have a 2015 Rogue with a list of issues that might be connected and I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with these combinations.

1. Key system error. Car will not start with fob. Power turns on (radio, windshield wipers, lights etc) but engine won’t start. Batteries have been changed multiple times no change, have tapped the button with key no go, keys have been reprogrammed no change. I have an after market remote start and it will start the car and I can drive it no problem, just won’t start with key fob. Nissan tech tested all relays and fuses, tested lines everything is good. Still getting the error. Note:Nissan put in ticket to service tech line no response yet, it’s been a week and a half.

2. AC compressor clutch would not engage when car was able to start with fob therefore no AC just blowing hot air, the mechanic found no power going to the compressor. The key system error actually happened (not for the first time however) while my mechanic was trying to diagnose the AC issue, so I went over with the remote start to show him how it could be started. When using the remote start the compressor clutch would actually engage and power does go to the clutch and it will engage but still no AC just hot air.

Additionally I have a question about the auto active test on the Rogue, does the 2015 have it? I tried to do one last night and followed the instructions from the Haynes manual but it never even started. I googled it to see if I could find a video and found an article that said the 2016 rogue does not have it. If the 2015 doesn’t then I won’t bother being concerned but if it should then I may be looking at an IPDM or CAN Line issue.

Any feedback on any of these issue would be appreciated even if I can’t get all questions answered or advice, literally anything is appreciated before I decide to drop more money into solving the problem or walk away from it.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Need a clarification please. In order to provide you with the correct answers, we'll need to know a bit more about your car. Is your 2015 a 1st or 2nd Gen model?

Zorriea
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Rogue One wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:26 pm
Need a clarification please. In order to provide you with the correct answers, we'll need to know a bit more about your car. Is your 2015 a 1st or 2nd Gen model?
It is a Rogue SL AWD second gen 280,000 km (175k miles)

Return to “Rogue Forum”