Popular Mechanics "Luxury Car Of the Year"

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Edong t5
Car: M45

Welcome to PM’s inaugural Automotive Excellence awards. After driving hundreds of thousands of miles in well over 100 different new cars, trucks and SUVs, we’ve developed some likes, some dislikes and--let’s face it--some pretty serious crushes. Here are the cars we’re truly passionate about, one in each of eight categories.

CATEGORYLuxuryInfiniti M35/M45

Why the M35/M45 wins the Luxury category: Brand-new five-passenger luxury sedans are as commonplace as painted faces at a World Cup final. So what's the big deal? It's in the details. And Infiniti's M duo out-details even the most sophisticated German luxemobiles. Both the M35 and the more powerful, better-equipped M45 come with, or can be optioned with, seemingly every luxury amenity and convenience known to man or machine. Plus, the cars have a build quality that's good enough to embarrass some well-known, old-school European luxury makers. But the M goes further by delivering its luxury with some real driving élan for those who want it. In M35 form, with its 280-hp V6 engine, the car has a very capable performance envelope. Pony up for the M45 with its sweet V8, and you've got yourself a serious road burner. Both have five-speed automatics with such niceties as manual shift and automated rev matching on downshifts. Though these are rear-drive cars, the M35 offers awd. Then there's the M's futuristic-yet-retro styling that cuts a swath through the gray sea of luxury sedans. M35 base price: $41,250; M45 base price: $47,560.

http://www.popularmechanics.co...1&c=y

TXSJaybird

I love reading stuff like that!!

BlackBourbon
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

It is amazing, as was noted in this forum recently, that there is such passion genereated about this vehicle by so many. It seems the only detractors would be those who either have a staunch appreciation for another make/brand, and those who don't like its looks (hey what's not to love?)

I personally love driving the M. I can definately see why others feel the same way.

Reading reviews like this only confirm that we M owners made a wise purchase.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Awesome!

Good find ... I am going to add the link to the stickies in the forum!

Thanks,

Z

adamG35sedan
Car: 03 G35

well, the steam generated behind this car is not without warrant. I just purchased an 03 G35 Sedan a couple of weeks ago, and while we waited for the paperwork to be completed they let us put a few miles on an 06M45 sport. and if the M was in my price range I would have changed my mind, but I just had to try it for myself. but here is one interesting note. after my little test drive, there were two BMW 740 owners an e class mercedes, and a Cadillac owner, all purchasing brand new M's for themselves. just goes to show that not only are all the Auto reviewers on to something, but rather Infiniti, has hit an across the door homerun. (well, I'm still a little put off by the FX line) and I'm glad to be a part of it just as much as you guys (and gals) are.

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Man that is great news. I have to admit it the car is exceeding my expectations. That's big press when organizations like Popular Mechanics and Consumer Reports give our car's top honors. Maybe I should have leased longer than 24-months

Edong t5
Car: M45

BlackBourbon wrote:It is amazing, as was noted in this forum recently, that there is such passion genereated about this vehicle by so many. It seems the only detractors would be those who either have a staunch appreciation for another make/brand, and those who don't like its looks (hey what's not to love?)
Hmmm. Just wondering what comments other forums say on news like this. Anyway, we're all different and have unique priorities/tastes. As long as we're happy on what we drive, that's the most important. NOT! Ha, ha, ha

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”