Popping Sounds

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

Hey Fellow G Drivers,Checking to see if any one else has had this problem. I have recently been hearing popping sounds coming from what sounds like the driver’s side back tire area. First thing I did was check to see if anything was loose in the back seat area. Then I did the same for the trunk. The popping sound occurs when in motion. I have about 27k miles and I think it might be coming from the rear suspension. I’m going to have it looked at by the dealership latter this week. I wanted the NICO experts to weigh in for advise. Thanks,Kev…

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Hmm, popping sounds? It could be shocks I suppose, but that usually doesn't make what I would consider a popping sound. You may also want to read this thread about a knocking sound coming from the rear of the car that Central Commando had. http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....56147 Let us know what the culprit was when you find out.

g35driver

No the sound is coming from what I believe is under the car. I'll report back when I know for sure.Kev...

g35driver

Car in the shop today. At first when the tech rode with me there was no popping sounds. Just like when the IT people are standing over you your computer works fine. They put it on the rack didn't see anything wrong took it down. They asked me to ride one more time then it started popping. They gave me a loaner G35 and sent me to work. I'll report back there findings.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

That's usually the way it happens. I had a rattle and they could never hear it when I dropped it off. Hope it all works out.

g35driver

Took the G back to the shop today. They told me on 5-27 that the popping sound was comming from the tools and jack. So I took the tools out & Jack was glad to get out of the trunk to stretch his legs. The popping continued. I found anther site which will remain nameless, where someone had the same problem. Turns out his problem was the right stabilizer links so I requested the shop to look into that area. Also since I had a coupon I asked them to change the in cabin air filter. They gave me a white 04 g35 loaner. I was really suprized to see the had just put 2 QX56 in their loaner fleet. Wow.Kev...

g35driver

Hello,The popping returned a day after I got my car back so last week I took it back to the dealer. I had to wait awhile cause they had to schedule it for a trip to the body shop. Here's what I was told. 1) The back pillar on driver side had a weld spot that needed redone. The Infiniti shop did a QA check they still heard some noise. 2) The ceiling and plastic panels were removed and they found that the sunroof support brackets needed to be tightened. The location of the popping sound was exactly were a very loose screw was. Now I need to clean the leather and remove the fingerprints from the interior. Now I don't have any loose screws. Well, at lest my car doesn't. Oh a no the QX56 I saw were not part of the loaner fleet. Car is fixed I hope.Kev…

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”