"Pop" on startup

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
JEC
Car: Motorcycles, cars, physical fitness

Hi all,Just bought a 1990 Q45 with the original Bose system, no modifications. Sounds okay, and plan to upgrade once I get the mechanicals sorted out; but, whenever power is applied to the tuner, you get a LOUD single "Pop". I appreciate a great system, but my technical knowledge is non-existent.

I'm sure this is an easy one for you veterans. Any ideas on a quick fix?

Thanks,JEC

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

That is amplifier turn on pop. I am not sure how to repair that problem in a Bose system. It probably has the same pop no matter where the volume is set? That stereo has most likely seen it's better days. Don't spend your hard earned money on fixing your factory Bose equipment and just think how good it will sound when you have your upgraded stuff in there.

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

I had the EXACT same problem in my Q. Turns out you just need a new head unit. That fixed my problem.

Nick

JEC
Car: Motorcycles, cars, physical fitness

Thanks, guys!You're right, I do plan to get a great system installed after all of the mechanicals are put right. I'll just have to live with it for a while.

JEC

90Q45blue
Car: 2006 Honda Accord EX-L

JEC,

If I were you I would purchase a new head unit and install a new system as well. There's something about the new CD Players that just take away from the refined look of the Q45.

Nick

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”