Pop Charger???

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
nlzmo400r
Car: cars

well i know its one of the most 'begginner' mods out there, but i still dont know what the hell it is, can someone fill me in on EXACTLY what it is and what it does, and who makes the best one and for how much??< im guessing its a minimal 2hp mod or so, but still curious, thanx alot guys, appreciate it:confused: :help

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

It is basically a cone filter more or less. You would be better off getting a whole CAI cause it only costs just a bit more anyhow.

nlzmo400r

ooo, so its pretty much a replacement filter, then why the hell do they call it a pop CHARGER??

OneFastStanza
Car: '02 SE-R Spec V, '92 Stanza, '97 Maxima, '04 Vue Redline. '04 F250

fanciful name ;) Actually, with the cone filters like Apexi they are multi layered or something like that to give better flow supposedly (someone chime in if they know a bit more about them than me. However, I still say it isn't worth the price. You will see better gains with a CAI.

nlzmo400r

OneFastStanza wrote:fanciful name ;) Actually, with the cone filters like Apexi they are multi layered or something like that to give better flow supposedly (someone chime in if they know a bit more about them than me. However, I still say it isn't worth the price. You will see better gains with a CAI.
thanx man, ive jus seen the old 'charger' word get thrown around and usually means a lot of power, (turbocharger, supercharger..) however, the whole 'POP' part of it made it sound cheap, thanx for clearin it up tho, appreciate it, i guess CAI it is then!!

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”