Poor Phone Sound Quality (On the "Other" end )

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
rontek
Car: Had -2008 Infiniti EX35 Now - 2009 Infiniti FX50S

Has anyone else had people on the other end of their bluetooth phone conversations complain about garbled or noisy sound? In the car, everything sounds fine on my end, but most of the people I talk to complain. At first I thought it was my crappy Razr V3m from Sprint. Then I thought it was a reception thing, but after using my work supplied Blackberry 8830 today and having the same issue, I am beginning to think there may be something wrong. I suyppose it could have been caused from whatever "troubleshooting, adjusting, and general poking around the dealer did when they were "working" on my sunroof issue, but to be sure I wanted to see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks,

Ron

sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

No problems here. I have my car paired with a LG env2 phone and all callers report clear sound on the other end.

lkp730
Car: EX35 RWD

same here. i paired my car with my blackberry curve for verizon. callers on the other end say they can barely hear me. even when i have the volume on full. i used to drive an acura 05 rl. same thing on that car as well.

rontek
Car: Had -2008 Infiniti EX35 Now - 2009 Infiniti FX50S

Thanks for the responses. I am going to have my car in for its 1st oil change in the next few weeks, so I intend to have the dealer check it out. I have had other vehicles with hands free systems, and none were 'Great", but this seems to me to be excessivly bad from what people on the other end are telling me. I tried calling my home phone while in the driveway, and it did not sound too bad to me, but since I am the only driver of my EX, its hard to test it out in actual "road test" conditions. If anyone else has any feedback, good or bad, please continue to post.

Ron

aft981
Car: Infiniti EX35

I often sit fairly reclined and with my seat fully back (I'm 6'6") and when I first started using the built in bluetooth, people would say they had trouble hearing me.

The microphones for the phone and for the voice recognition seem to be on the ceiling of the car, around the interior lights, sunroof button and sunglasses holder. I found that if I simply sat up a bit straighter and closer to that, and talked in the general direction of the mic, people could hear me perfectly. Plus the nav woman could understand me better!

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

aft981 wrote:Plus the nav woman could understand me better!
LMAO ... good one!!!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”