Pondering to add 2013 JX to my shopping list

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
hwitten

I currently drive a 2011 MKZ. The MKX prohibits towing of any kind.

When I bought the MKZ I still had a Classic GMC Motorhome so towing wasn't in the equation. Long story short, sold the GMC so I'm re-evaluating my needs some.

I currently have the Lincoln MKS and Cadillac XTS on my "list". Both would fit my need for "comfort" and will allow towing up to 1000 lbs, which is all I need at the moment.

I drove a 2012 Murano a while back and it didn't meet the comfort level I am looking for. Also tried the MXT, same results. I finally came to the conclusion that I preferred a sedan style and comfort over suv.

Then I ran across the JX as I kept exploring alternatives. I.e. if I can get the comfort close to a sedan in a wagon/suv style I certainly would like to consider it. I only need 5 seats, but 7 is ok. I like todays' "toys" and technology so only 2013's are being considered. The JX would give me expanded usage over the years, I.e. if I do want to trailer in future, I could, etc. I do find trunk, even with folding seat backs, too painful at times, hence the hope/lean towards a cross-over. But it has to be with no compromise to comfort/luxury.

I'm wondering if maybe others were able to select the JX over a sedan without giving up the pampering most sedans offer.
I'm not after "sporty performance" as that just translates to stiffer ride and firmer seats in most cases.

I'm going to test drive it when get the opportunity but know all too well that first impressions don't tell the whole story so I'm trying to dig a bit deeper during the research period.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Welcome to the JX Forum! Glad to have you here.

I personally love the luxury feel and comfort, but NEED the utility and space. I also like a lot of space because I am a taller guy. The JX is perfect! As you mentioned you can also tow quite a bit, so that is a huge bonus. I for one am not a sedan guy, my wife has a G37, but that is a tight, sporty ride, and she loves it, the JX is completely different. Go take one for a spin, I am sure you will be impressed!

azgolfer
Car: Infiniti JX 35

i Have had mine for 2 months and love it,

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”