Polyurethane Suspension bushings?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

Anyone know if suspension bushings from g35/350z will fit our cars? Specifically 2007 rwd, single most suspension components seem to be the same. I hear people say that the entire arms themselves won’t fit(don’t know if they have tried, might be going off part numbers) but since struts and sway bar end links bolt up, I don’t see a reason why bushings can’t be pressed in. And anyone know if they sell just ball joints for our cars, not entire LCA? I plan on buying used upper and lower control arms and rejuvenating them with some nice poly bushings. Recently did this to my GF’s G35 and I’m jealous of how nice it feels...

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I can't speak to bushing but for the ball joints, back when I had a Y50, there were part of a new LCA. I doubt that has changed.

SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

Ilya wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 4:01 pm
I can't speak to bushing but for the ball joints, back when I had a Y50, there were part of a new LCA. I doubt that has changed.
Meaning they weren’t pressed in?

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Depends on which suspension bushings you are talking about. The front and rear sway bars may be hit or miss because some years and model types have different sized bars. Best to get a caliper on them to check the size so you know for sure.
The rear differential bushings are the same, as all the cars use an R200 diff. These bushings frequently rip and go bad. Infiniti will only sell new OEM ones as part of the whole subframe which is way too much money for a bushing replacement. Aftermarket bushings are much better do do, but your first time doing the replacement will be a nightmare getting the OEM ones out.
Any other bushings in control arms and such I dont know, probably hit or miss as well depending on model years and parts that were superseded.

SeveLampley

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 3:30 pm
Depends on which suspension bushings you are talking about. The front and rear sway bars may be hit or miss because some years and model types have different sized bars. Best to get a caliper on them to check the size so you know for sure.
The rear differential bushings are the same, as all the cars use an R200 diff. These bushings frequently rip and go bad. Infiniti will only sell new OEM ones as part of the whole subframe which is way too much money for a bushing replacement. Aftermarket bushings are much better do do, but your first time doing the replacement will be a nightmare getting the OEM ones out.
Any other bushings in control arms and such I dont know, probably hit or miss as well depending on model years and parts that were superseded.
I found a company that sells poly bushings for our cars, got a make/model search for them. Siberian Bushing. They look like good products so I’ll order some and test them. On a separate note, can our cars use sway bars from a 2007+ g35/g35x? I know the sway bar end links are the same but can’t really tell if the sway bars are

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

SeveLampley wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 6:17 am
On a separate note, can our cars use sway bars from a 2007+ g35/g35x? I know the sway bar end links are the same but can’t really tell if the sway bars are
Im not sure on the fronts. I was going to look into it a while back but never got around to it. I know the rear is not compatible due to the dual exhaust on the Ms the bar is designed differently.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”