po430 ecu code

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
mtino
Car: Nissan 2007 350z Grand Touring

My Ecu is throwing a code of P0430 left cat bank, how to fix issue.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

It's most likely your catalytic converter going out. There is a Federally Mandated 8 yr. / 80,000 mile warranty on catalytic converters. Call your local Nissan dealer and let them know what's what. If you have a code checker DO NOT CLEAR THE CODE. They'll check the code and then run a catalyst efficiency test to make sure it's the cat. If it is there will be no charge for the test and they'll replace your cat for free, if it's not the cat they may charge you for the test (around $60) and let you know what is wrong with the car.

I took my Z to Nissan with 78,925 miles on it this week and both cats replaced. What can I say, I like cutting it close.

mtino
Car: Nissan 2007 350z Grand Touring

I haveStillen high flow cats and stillen dual cat back exhaust on my 2007 z

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

mtino wrote:I haveStillen high flow cats and stillen dual cat back exhaust on my 2007 z
Well, Nissan won't cover those! You may have to live with it or get some new cats I guess. There's always the outside chance its a bad O2 sensor I suppose, but I wouldn't get on it.
Stillen HF Cat Page wrote:Stillen warrants the product(s) herein to be free of “out of the box” manufacturing defects only (cracked welds, bent or damaged pipe or flange). We strongly suggest you inspect the product prior to installation. After installation the products sold hereunder are without any warranty of any kind. Stillen hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the products after installation including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Stillen does not warrant against damages or defects arising out of use of the products; against defects or damages arising from improper installation, or against defects in products or in components after installation.
You could give Phase2 and see if you could use this to fix your recurring CEL.

Anyone out there know of a high-flow cat that won't throw a CEL/SES ? I remember seeing one out there that even said it wouldn't throw a CEL, went so far as to put that in ALL CAPS in their ad. I looked for a while but couldn't find it.

Retired Chief

Stillen hi-flow cats are not emissions legal. That's why you're getting the code. From the Stillen Website: "These converters are not CARB legal. These product(s) are designed for OFF ROAD or RACE use only and the purchaser acknowledges that they will be used only in those venues."

As BB has already said, you'll either need to swap to some carb legal cats or get a CEL fixer. The CEL fixer seems to be the easier and less expensive route.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

Maybe the fouler mod which works with the test pipes can be used.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki...Pipes

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”