plug boot grease

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Ronnie
Car: airplanes r/c

I had some miss in one plug on a real damp cold morning after start up, it went away in a few seconds, anyway I bought some boot grease and greased each boot as per directions, for EXTRA measure I cleaned the outsides of the boots and smeared a little grease on the outside,no problems anymore no misses, question did smearing the outside of the boots help repell some dampness?

NISTECH

yes it did but also you have created a thicker insulation on the wire since the grease you used is non conductive.

Ronnie

NISTECH wrote:yes it did but also you have created a thicker insulation on the wire since the grease you used is non conductive.

Hi Thanks for the input , the grease on the out side was just a thin film I coated with my finger sorta makes the boot shine, well any way is this good or bad [ but also you have created a thicker insulation ] ????? [ but also you have created a thicker insulation ] ?????

NISTECH

I take it you didnt understand that by the extensive use of question marks... lets try to splain it. by adding a layer of non conductive grease to the outside of the insulation the grease it self acts as an insulator much as the rubber of the wire does.

Make sence now?

Ronnie

NISTECH wrote:I take it you didnt understand that by the extensive use of question marks... lets try to splain it. by adding a layer of non conductive grease to the outside of the insulation the grease it self acts as an insulator much as the rubber of the wire does.

Make sence now?
Thanks again , this is a good thing to keep the high voltage into the plug.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”