Plenum removal: Can i use Easy Off to clean the EGR temp sensor?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
jedi_sol
Car: 1996 Infiniti Q45

Well, after 4months of gathering parts for the plenum job and convincing my mom to leave the car in the garage for 2 weeks (minimum), i finally started my plenum project!

So far this is the first weekend of the project and i finally managed to get the plenum off late Sunday. I work full time during the week so i wont have time to dig into the valley so i figured i'll spend the week cleaning the plenum, throttle body, and iac valve.

I used about 2 cans of carb cleaner to clean the throttle body, iac valve, and about half of the plenum. Then I hear from Wes that oven cleaner works a little bettter than carb cleaner. So i go to Vons and buy a can of Easy Off and it worked wonders on the other half of the plenum.

So now, i have a half can left of Easy off and most of the EGR passageway cleaned and i was wondering if it is safe to use Easy Off to clean the EGR temp sensor? I am too lazy to buy a whole can of carb cleaner for this one sensor.

Your input would help.Thanx, -James

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Not sure on that one... might stick with carb cleaner or brake parts cleaner... and even then. I just don't know...

Heath

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

I'd stick with Electronic Parts cleaner, personally. Or rubbing alcohol. Sensors are a little more sensitive than plenums.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”