Please help with Viper Alarm install on my 240sx

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
SED180
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback

Hello all! I'm very excited to join the forum as I have recently purchased a 1990 240sx. I've decided to install a 3105v (350+) Viper alarm in the vehicle, however I can't get the alarm to chirp or turn on at all.. Here is what I have wired:

Red/white to (-) trunk light
Red to driver kick panel constant 12+V
Brown to siren (+) (red wire on siren, black wire is grounded)
Black to ground (filed mount to be sure it has good connection. Tested by touching siren's red wire to constant and siren chirped so ground works..)
Violet not run to anything yet
Blue to (-) trunk light
Green run to door signal wire
Black/white not run to anything yet
White/blue run to (+) parking light (I think this needs switched to (-) parking light wire, but would think alarm would still turn on?)
White to (+) parking light

Orange is run to relay, which is setup like this:
Green to ignition side of harness(think it was black/white?)
Black to starter side of ignition harness(black/yellow?)
Then the yellow wire is run to a constant 12+V wire

When I plug the harness in, along with the antenna, I get nothing.. I'm not really sure what I am missing? I've tested the mother board of the brain to confirm it is getting 12.5V w/ the key out of the ignition. The car runs fine with everything working that I tapped into so I'm fairly confident the wiring is ok.. Anyone know what's up?

SED180
Car: 1990 Nissan 240sx SE Hatchback

Ok, I switched the white/blue to the negative trunk pin and I can make the siren go off by holding the panic button now, but I still can't get the antenna to light up at all.. Going to wire the violet and black/white wires now and see if it works after that. Otherwise any ideas?

Thanks guys!

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d-yB0bl4Ew

Check out this video I just recently made. This should help you. I put in an Avital 3100 but the wiring is basically identical with some minor differences from the VIper 350HV.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”