Please help

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ninjaserver

Hi there everyone. I am considering the purchase of a new m35x but have a question pertaining to the navigation system. I use it very very often for work so this may make or break my decision to buy the car. First off, i live in Canada and understand that there is no voice command input for addresses, this is fine. I have concern however about the "using navigation system while driving" hinderance. So, here is my question. While driving, CAN I INPUT A DESTINATION SUCH AS POINT OF INTEREST. I.e. I am driving along the highway and say to my wife...."I feel like going to TGI FRIDAYS, Let's search and see where there's one" Can I do this and enter it as a destination once found, or do i first need to pull off to the side of the road and put my car in park. Secondly, if you CANT do that, can you use VOICE COMMAND for input of those things such as "closest atm" "closest hospital" "closest gas stations" while you are driving or must again you pull over.Thanks for any response in advance.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

I do not know the answer to your question since I do not have the Nav package in my older M. So, I hope someone will chime in with the answer.

Have you test-driven the car? Could you try the Voice activation Nav functions during a test-drive and see what happens and if it meets your expectations?

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Hi, I am States based. Yes, on the M35 w/ nav. you can speak and say "destination points of interest, etc.". If you are not using the verbal commands, you can use the input devise, BUT at least on my car, it only seems to allow you to go one LEVEL deep.

EXAMPLE: if you use the pads on the dash and do: "destination", then "points of inerest", then "ATM,s Hotels, Restuarants, etc", lets say you pick HOTELS... it brings up 100 hotels, but the screen (due to size) only shows the first six closest venues. On my system you can not go past the first six, unless you are stopped with the brakes on (it does not have to be in Park). Side note: according to my wife, she says you can review the whole list (????)

Last note: I HAVE NOT READ my nav manual yet. So maybe there is a work around, because is seems that if if allows you to interact at any level when moving, then it should let you go all the way. Just my .02

ninjaserver

Thanks for the info so far, anyone else with any, would be appreciated.Seems kinda silly to limit access to the system while driving for safety reasons. Since when is pulling off the side of the highway and merging back to check the nav system any safer. I drive a volvo s60 right now and there are NO limitations on the system when driving, just a warning message on startup but then that's it.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”