Please help!! President brakes.

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Phil.z28
Car: 1993 Nissan President

Everything i’ve read so far seems to say the Nissan president is exactly the same as a q45 besides body panels and interior. With that said I need to do rotors and pads on all 4 corners of my 93 president I cannot find any original replacements only q 45 parts. Can I order any regular set of pads and rotors for a 1993 q45? and will they fit directly to my 1993 president with no issues?? I can’t find even a thread of anyone doing a brake job on these cars I have no idea what to order. any direction would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

:welcome: to NICO!

I would think that would work, but I have no real world way to know for sure. You might want to check www.amayama.com to see if their parts catalog gets you to the same part number as our part numbers. Are you planning on using factory parts, or aftermarket?

Phil.z28

Q451990 wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:30 am
:welcome: to NICO!

I would think that would work, but I have no real world way to know for sure. You might want to check www.amayama.com to see if their parts catalog gets you to the same part number as our part numbers. Are you planning on using factory parts, or aftermarket?
i’ve gotten a lot of should work XD i’m hoping to find someone who’s done it over here if not i’ll send it till it works lol. Thank you I will do that. I’m looking for a factory replacement direct fit up.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

So you're located in the US? It might be worth mentioning your location in case we have any members nearby with a first generation Q45. Giving them a side by side look would be the easiest thing - followed by maybe posting pictures to see if anything looks obviously different.

I looked a little more in the parts catalog on Amayama. The factory pads for the Q45 aren't even available out of Japan any more. The calipers are the same on both cars, but on the President it doesn't show the wear sensor that we have here. I'm not sure if it's just missing from the drawing, or if it's really not there. There is an ebay seller selling OEM pads.

Phil.z28

Yes I am located in us, I have pics if anyone has done it on either. i’m not 100% sure if there is a wear sensor or not but nothing told me the brake pads were goin till the pads themselves started yellin at me XD if calipers are the same i’ll take the chance somewhere that accepts returns lol

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

As was already noted, using Amayama to look up the part number for the OE brake pads should be your first step, then you can cross reference that number to see what other vehicles it fits. If it's the same as the Q45 then you've answered your own question.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”