Playing Streaming Audio from IPhone in 2010 G37

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
manish
Car: Inifniti G37 - 2010

I have a 2010 G37. It has the USB port, and they have done away with the audio jack. With the Audio jack in other cars, I could play streaming audio from an internet radio app like pandora box on my iphone and connect it to the car speakers.
I am not able to do that with the USB port. when I connect my iphone, I can only play the songs in the iphone. When I play streaming audio, it does not get to the car speakers.

Has anyone tried this ? Is there a way around it ?

Thanks

mlfilms
Car: 2010 G37x Sedan

It' sbluetooth, not USB. Hit the Aux until you see Bluetooth.The music should start right up if it's playing on the iphone.
If it's not set up, hit the settings button and you will see bluetooth. Choose audio player and select your iphone. Music should start.
It's a bit lower in volume, but it worked quite nicely with AOL radio today.
Enjoy!

manish

I thought streaming audio thru bluetooth is only available with Navigation Package.

I just have the premium package. I do have bluetooth for my phone, not sure if it will play audio.

manish

Nope ... just checked bluetooth streaming does not work with premium package. My AUX does not have a bluetooth option.

Kinda sucks, that I can play streaming audio in a $36,000+ car with all the tech gadgets. Whereas a $10,000 Kia will give you an audio jack.

terrycs

One solution ... there are RGB converters available now to interface directly with the stock LCD screen. Several owners have installed carPCs this way to get full functionality.

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

my 2010 g37x plays all audio from my motorola droid over bluetooth... including pandora and slacker radio...

make sure you have your iphone set as the default audio device (this is seperate from the default phone) in the bluetooth settings... then when you get to the bluetooth audio screen you might need to press "play" to connect

make sure you turn your bluetooth aduio up on your iphone or the volume will be low on the car speakers...

willnh
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Sport

Does anyone know if you can use audio streaming through bluetooth on an 07 model with premium package. I do have factory navigation package

ushkand
Car: 2010 G37 Sedan Journey + Prem Pkg

I am not sure if an 07 has the ipod interface but if it does, you can try the Anycom FIPO bluetooth to ipod dock adapter - http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-A2DP-ANYCOM-FIP ... 0398926219

Your head unit will then recognize this as an ipod and you should then be able to stream audio from any bluetooth A2DP compatible phone/mp3 player. Unfortunately, Infiniti changed something in the ipod/usb interface for 2010s and this product no longer works. Unlucky me. :(

dbcooper
Car: 2010 G37s 7AT Red w/black int Prem Nav
(prev 2007 G35s, 2005 M35)

Thank you, thank you for this thread and this info. I've been going nuts trying to integrate my iPhone with my 2010 G37 audio.

The USB input just takes over the iPod section of the iPhone and doesn't pass audio from any other app (like Pandora or streaming iTunes podcasts.)

All audio from the phone used to work fine on my 2007 G35 with Apple's composite breakout cable and the G's aux inputs. The dealer has been clueless on how to get it working without the aux inputs. Most of my in-car listening is streaming audio, even though I have XM.

Thanks to this thread, I got the iPhone 4 to work with bluetooth on the 2010 G37. The iPhone 4 supports bluetooth audio as well as phone pairing. Just make sure the iPhone is selected for pairing in both the phone and audio sections of the Infiniti bluetooth setup menu. I don't believe the 3GS will work however.

This forum is great!

Ganesha
Car: 2010 G37 Sedan Premium, Slate Blue/Black, Dual Cold Air Forward of Radiator Intake

See my latest post:

post5808697.html#p5808697

CLEAVINES01
Car: G37
Z32

For the first time ever!
How to get BLUETOOTH AUDIO from your PHONE to your NON NAVIGATION INFINITY.
NO its NOT a $150 GROM unit!
It's totally free!
Donations accepted if you like/use the method I discovered and have the spare cash. Asking 6 bucks. $1 dollar for every month it took me to figure this out LOL.

Step 1. Connect your phone to the car Bluetooth for call Audio. You probably already have this set up. If so, make sure your Bluetooth is on connected to the car.

Step 2. Download an app called Discord, and create an account. This is a great app for chatting with gamers. I use it for chatting about stocks.

Step 3. Open the sidebar on the left side of the screen. This is where your chat rooms are located. At the bottom there is a plus sign inside of a circle.

Step 4. click on the plus sign..

Step 5. You are now presented with an option to join or create a server. Give your server name and click create at the bottom.

Step 6. In the left-hand side bar click on your newly created server.

Step 7. You are not presented with options for text and voice channels. Under voice channels click General.

VOILA! You will be the only person in your voice chat room and your phone will initiate a data-based phone call. The vehicle will see it as an actual phone call and the timer will start on your cars center console. You can now switch apps and play any audio or video and the audio will stream to your car speakers.

If you actually receive a phone call while this is going on you will be able to answer it because Discord is not actually using your phone line!

6 bucks for the discovery and write-up
Honor system

paypal.me/Leavines/6

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”