Playing music from the CF card

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
EX35WinterBeater
Car: Summer: 2003 Honda S2000
Winter: 2008 Infiniti EX35

Hi all,

I’ve done some reading, and AFAIK, things should be working. I have a loaded 08 with the CF slot and media box. I think the media box will end up being a bit useless to me, but the CF slot was why I would only consider a pre-2010 if it had nav.

I have a 16GB SD card that is formatted to FAT32. I made sure not to go further than 2 folders, and there are under 400 MP3 files on the card, as I know 512 is the max. I am using an SD to CF adapter. I plugged it in last night, and when I go to the card slot I can see all of the folders and track names on the display screen. The issue is I can’t seem to get any to play. The timer sits at 0:00, there doesn’t appear to be a play button and when I click on the track, it just highlights it.

Am I missing something? Does it take a while for the song to start? I only fiddled around with it for a minute last night, and only bought the vehicle last weekend. It’s my winter car so I haven’t really driven it/had time to fiddle with things.

I've done some reading on this, but there's a lot of conflicting info, and most is people complaining about the features, or lack thereof lol. The 512 song limit is fine for me since each *song* is a 2hr podcast from YouTube.

Thanks for the help!

mrzuzzo
Car: '08 EX35 Journey AWD

Nope, should play right away.

I'm using a 4GB CF card with a bunch of folders, but they are all first level folders, I don't have any folders within folders.

Works pretty well!

EX35WinterBeater

I just rearranged the folders so I only have one level of folders and see if that helps.

EX35WinterBeater

So i rearranged the files so the card so it's only one folder deep. It just sits at 0:00 and won't start playing. Could it be the SD card speed? CF converter? Any ideas are appreciated!

blfstyk

I would put my money on the problem being either the converter (in my experience sometimes those things work, sometimes they don't) or the size of the card. Based on something I read somewhere (maybe here), I limited the size of my CFs to 4 GB and on one of them I have 510 songs in 25 folders. Plays perfectly.

EX35WinterBeater

I anticipated it was the converter as well, I returned it to Amazon and got my money back. I was going to get a 4GB CF card, but my gf had an old iPod video laying around and since the last owner already had the iPod cable in the console, I've gone that route instead. I haven't actually tried it yet though as I haven't loaded it with music yet. Once I park my s2k for the winter I'll pay attention to the last few things I want to do to the EX lol.

tooth knockn
Car: 2009 ex35

is there a specific type of "CF" memory card to use?

And how do I add data to CF card?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”